Thread: Kopitar and Zetterberg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Kopitar and Zetterberg

I had an earlier post about acquiring Kopitar. I've moved on from that and want to put together a solid bid for Kopitar and Zetterberg. The guy is looking to rebuild and feels both these players will help him do this. I feel with his current situation and previous trades, that I can get them with a decent deal. He also has Rinne, but I know he holds him in high regard. I'm trying to come out of my rebuild and feel a deal here might be my best option.

What should I put together as a fair offer for Kopitar and Zetterberg. Or should I just sit tight, and build through the draft and smaller deals.

My team is in my sig.

Rep for any help.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie19 View Post
    I had an earlier post about acquiring Kopitar. I've moved on from that and want to put together a solid bid for Kopitar and Zetterberg. The guy is looking to rebuild and feels both these players will help him do this. I feel with his current situation and previous trades, that I can get them with a decent deal. He also has Rinne, but I know he holds him in high regard. I'm trying to come out of my rebuild and feel a deal here might be my best option.

What should I put together as a fair offer for Kopitar and Zetterberg. Or should I just sit tight, and build through the draft and smaller deals.

My team is in my sig.

Rep for any help.

To be honest, I think you will have a very difficult time making a play for either player. Does he have any team biases (NHL or CHL) that could help you in a proposal?

Edit: also, can you post his team as well? That way we can see if his team has any deficiencies.
    Last edited by Ross The Boss Palmer; August 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He's going to want young. I would offer Huberdeau, ROR and Kuznetsov as a starting point.

Dobber Sports Ace

If he's rebuilding, Huberdeau is a likely candidate.

In your settings, Lucic might be another guy who gets some interest.

Not saying Huberdeau + Lucic would get it done by any means as Zetterberg and Kopitar are a couple of studs, but it might be a start.

But yeah, as mentioned above, maybe give an idea of what he already has on his roster.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post

also, can you post his team as well? That way we can see if his team has any deficiencies.
    Lots of holes.

C-Anisimov, Carter, Hodgson
    LW-Steen, Wilson, Kovalchuck(gone)
    RW- Eberle, Parenteau, Briere, Jagar
    His D is pretty good
    G- Hiller, Brodeur and Rinne
    Only 3 draft picks this year 1.09, 3.09, 4.09

Dobber Sports Veteran

Try Lucic (Lw to replace kovy) and ROR (a center to replace Kopitar)

Dobber Sports Wizard

He'll definitely need a center back so ROR heading his way is a nice, young player. I would actually package him with Yakupov to add the star element because I think his name may intrigue him more than Huberdeau who I prefer to keep anyway because I feel there is not enough puck to go around in Edm for Yak to live up to his full potential. Perhaps his owning Eberle indicates some Edm bias toward owning Yakupov over Hubs..??

I would try sending 3 his way, but if you want to give it a good go and minimize a lot of back and forth try:

ROR + Yak + Kuznetsov + Lucic

for

Kopitar + Zetterberg
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    I would try sending 3 his way, but if you want to give it a good go and minimize a lot of back and forth try:

ROR + Yak + Kuznetsov + Lucic

for

Kopitar + Zetterberg
    I think that's an offer that might intrigue him. But as a rebuilding team, I'd be pretty likely to hold on to Kopitar and only trade Zetterberg. But the ol' quantity for quality trick works a lot, it couldn't hurt trying to do something like that.

Dobber Sports Legend

If he wants to go young - Huberdeau and Strome/Kuznetsov. That said, if he is rebuilding, why deal a young stud like Kopitar who is just hitting his prime? Zetterberg I can see, but I don't get Kopitar.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I think that's an offer that might intrigue him. But as a rebuilding team, I'd be pretty likely to hold on to Kopitar and only trade Zetterberg. But the ol' quantity for quality trick works a lot, it couldn't hurt trying to do something like that.

I agree. If I were rebuilding I'd hold on to Kopi. If I received the above offer for him alone, I'd have to think a little. The above, to me, may atleast get his eyes going and excite him a little. If it doesn't I wouldn't be shocked. Zetter and Kopi is some serious proven talent to acquire. He'd realistically have to add another piece. If that becomes the case, I would add a pick or a prospect, not another body that can help now.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I agree about moving Kopitar. But he is shopping him. I don't understand. I think he undervalues him.