Thread: Stefan Elliott

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Stefan Elliott

Considering making a trade for this guy (for Cory Conacher straight up), even though his stock has fallen dramatically in the past year. He was very highly touted for quite a while, but only played a handful of games last year.

Does he still have what it takes to become a good point producer in the bigs? As in 40+ points? I'm trying to get something for Conacher and figure now is the time to deal him while i can still get a decent return.

Another option is Ryan Ellis, but I honestly have never been high on him - his size and team situation (low scoring, tons of competition) lower him even more in my books.

So pull the trigger on Elliott?
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Pro

I personally would rather Conacher then Elliott.
    Barrie seems to have passed him as the offensive role player from the back end. Elliott has all the tools but for some reason hasn't been able to stick it in the bigs. Even his numbers in the AHL were underwhelming. As low as I am on Elliott, I'm even Lower on Ellis.

If you can't keep Conacher and you can stash Elliott for a couple years it's worth doing. If not, I would shoot higher than Elliott if you'd like to move Conacher
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Im much higher on Ellis then Elliott

Dobber Sports Stud

I wouldn't pull the trigger on Elliott at this point. There's obviously still hope he gets back on track but you're paying full value on a player who shouldn't command it.....bad value on Conacher.

Dobber Sports Expert

Why do you want to move Conacher? I think you should keep him unless you can sell him high for a very good player.

I own Elliott in several leagues, iŽd move him for Conacher within a second, Elliott is an offensive only guy and i think he will need to prove that he can play in the own end before he gets a big role in the NHL.

If you own him, you should keep him, but i wouldnŽt give much to get him right now.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i'm not big on conacher, so I think moving him now might be a good plan. I think Elliott's situation is better than Ellis of the two.

In terms of trade value, I think you should be getting Elliott+ though. Elliott is still a bit of a gamble where as conacher is safe to have spot for at least this year.

I'm not super sold on Elliott either, but since he's a bit of a buy low now his value could increase, if he has a productive year. But you need to get more than just elliott if you are giving up conacher.
    15 Team Keeper - 30 Player Roster, Full Keeper (Pts=1,W=2,SO=2,OTL=1)
    Weekly LineUps (2C,2R,2L,4D,1G)

C-Backstrom,Borgstrom,Schmaltz,Domi,J. Boqvist,Steel,Stepan,Vilardi
    RW-Atkinson,Fiala,Caufield,Terry,Radulov,Kailyev
    LW-Zucker,Ehlers,Formenton,Jost,Lindblom,Buchnevich
    D-Doughty,Hedman,Faulk,Barrie,Josi,K.Miller
    G-Fleury,Price,Hart,

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    Why do you want to move Conacher? I think you should keep him unless you can sell him high for a very good player.
    I'm worried about his situation in Ottawa - Maclean doesn't seem to high on him and he was a healthy scratch a couple of times in the playoffs. In TB he looked like he should be a 60 pt guy...but Ott not so much.
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Wizard

One thing to remember about Elliott.... He was pointless in his first 19 or 20 AHL games last year. Which means over his last 24 or 25 games he had 13 points.

Personally I got off the Elliott train this last season, he's just way too one-dimensional at this point for me. He got too much hype too early.... He might be a good NHL player someday but he needs more time, he's definitely not ready right now.

If you have a big enough farm he might be worth trading for.... I'm not a huge fan of Conacher as long as he's in Ottawa. But if you're expecting immediate help from Elliott look somewhere else.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Sage

I still have faith in Ryan Ellis! I would take him in a sec over both of the other players mentioned. Long term this kid is a ppqb somewhere and the 40plus point Dman you were alluding too.

I don't really see Elliott as being in the same league as him in terms of offensive upside. Ellis vision is elite and he will overcome his size disadvantages I believe.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

The Great One

I would trade Conacher for both Elliott and Ellis.

Elliott had 1 point in his first 22 AHL games this year and 12 in his last 22. Wayyyyyy to early to give up on him.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I would trade Conacher for both Elliott and Ellis.

Elliott had 1 point in his first 22 AHL games this year and 12 in his last 22. Wayyyyyy to early to give up on him.
    I agree it's too early to give up on him but he's not fair value for Conacher.

You may believe Conacher will regress and that's fair but there are still lots of people who'd pay for his production last year until proven otherwise.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    I agree it's too early to give up on him but he's not fair value for Conacher.

You may believe Conacher will regress and that's fair but there are still lots of people who'd pay for his production last year until proven otherwise.
    Yes that's what I am hoping to do but so far I haven't been able to swing anything. I'll see if I can get a decent draft pick thrown in with Elliott, but I may end up just holding on to CC and hoping for 50+.

The Great One

Hope for 50 with CC or swing for the fences with Elliott?

Unless 45ish point players are valuable in that league, I would dump him for Elliott's potential any day of the week.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would rather have Elliott.

He is in a much better situation for potential, home run point production. At the end of training camp, he could be the Avs QB on their PP. It's a PP1 with a lot of potential too.
    Points only Keeper - Top 9F 4D 1G
    F: Ovechkin Aho Debrincat Hintz Konecny Horvat Bratt BTkachuk Hagel Novak Mercer WSmith Coronato
    D: Hamilton Doughty Burns Morrissey Klingberg
    G: Jarry Demko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm with big bud on this one, I'd rank em:
    Ellis
    Conacher
    Elliott