Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [signing] Gomez with Florida

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

There are a lot of young guys transitioning onto this squad if they want to make them stick as a group and understand what is required to win, not bad to have a guy who has been around the league for this long for under a million. I'm sure that whole contract mess has given him a unique perspective on what it really takes to stay in the nhl. They are rebuilding and the signing was likely not made under the expectation of any serious on ice contributions.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Stunaman View Post
    a warm body...
    what a waste of 900k
    So he's not longer a 1st line scoring center.. what evidence out there states that he doesn't make a good 3rd or 4th line center?
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Ace

The guy is a bum. Got the big contract ... sat on it ... gets bought out.... goes to San Jose ... they get smart and get rid of him.

If I'm Florida, I don't wan't this guy anywhere near my prospects. Waste of $900k indeed.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky71 View Post
    The guy is a bum. Got the big contract ... sat on it ... gets bought out.... goes to San Jose ... they get smart and get rid of him.

If I'm Florida, I don't wan't this guy anywhere near my prospects. Waste of $900k indeed.
    He wasn't actually that bad in his first few years after the deal. He had 70 points in the first season and then 11 points in 10 playoff games. Then two almost 60-point seasons (58 and 59 points), and a good run with the Habs when they went to the conference finals. Since then, he's had troubles.

He still wasn't worth the money, but he hardly sat on it. He was overpaid and given too many years in a weak free agent class, but the three seasons after the deal he put up his usual numbers.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Interesting read about Gomez's on-ice coaching. Might have something to do with it.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...172050899.html
    What's the saying? Those who can't, teach?