Thread: Johan Franzen

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Johan Franzen

I know he can be a band aid but what are your thoughts on him moving forward?

2nd team in sig: G A +/- PIMs STP GWG (no salaries/cap hits)

Big thing in this league is the amount of years you can protect them for before having to re-sign them (we only have 8 years each offseason to use on our "free agents.")

If i could get him with a year or two of protected years, would you give up Marleau (current free agent) to get him?

I'm expecting Sharp and Benn to get LW status next year so I'm okay with moving a LW for a RW if it helps my contract situation.

Thanks - rep for those who help
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Although Jamie Benn is being forecast for LW... he played C all last year and may still yet play C this year. Assuming he'll be LW is still some bit of risk.

Franzen is consistently on the verge of breaking and Detroit often reverts to putting Datsyuk/Zetterberg on the same line with some grit (Abdelkader).

I prefer Marleau over Franzen.
    The depth of centers in San Jose gives Marleau the benefit of always having a playmaker to line-up with.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Franzen was on a really nice roll last year - his 82 game pace works out to 28 G, 34 A, plus-26, 82 PIM, 232 SOG, and 24 PPP.

Now, he's not going to play 82 games, but he's also probably not going to miss more than 10.

If Marleau is a FA anyway, and you can get a couple of Franzen years for him, I would go for it for sure.

Moose (edit: Mule. duh.) gets banged up here and there but his rep for injuries is overstated IMO. Over the last three seasons, he has played 194 of 212 games.
    Last edited by jsuites; July 22, 2013 at 8:29 PM.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by jsuites View Post
    Franzen was on a really nice roll last year - his 82 game pace works out to 28 G, 34 A, plus-26, 82 PIM, 232 SOG, and 24 PPP.

Now, he's not going to play 82 games, but he's also probably not going to miss more than 10.

If Marleau is a FA anyway, and you can get a couple of Franzen years for him, I would go for it for sure.

Moose gets banged up here and there but his rep for injuries is overstated IMO. Over the last three seasons, he has played 194 of 212 games.
    And apologies if I misunderstood your question....in a straight comparison, positional requirements aside, I would take Marleau over Franzen, unless you're in specific need of PIM or +/- over other cats.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Dobber Sports Veteran

The contract thing is a bit sticky to understand but I think you got the jist of it.

Appreciate the input.

Might try to throw out a bunch of picks at him to get Franzen on a 2 year deal and not include Marleau.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year