Thread: Angus PLEASE READ! (or any others from Van)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Angus PLEASE READ! (or any others from Van)

I am staying on Cultus Lake near Chilliwack and am going to visit family in Langley. Are there any places or things to do that you recommend in Vancouver or Vancouver Island?

Thanks,

Linden Nieuwold
    10 Team H2H Points only with G getting 1 W, 2 SO
    Starters: 2RW, 2C, 2L, 3D, 1 Goalie Team

RW- Eberle, Kadri, Lupul, Atkinson
    C- Getzlaf, RNH, Stepan, Granlund
    LW- Neal, Gaborik, Drouin, Read
    D- Green, Weber, Sekera, Myers, Brodie , Hamilton
    G- Washington, Montreal

Dobber Sports Ninja

Depends what you like.

During the summer I love driving up to Tofino to surf. If you're looking for more accessible lcoations, there's always Kits beach and Stanley Park. Grouse Mountain is good for outdoor activities too, and if you're with kids then they'll like Granville Island. For restaurants my favourite area is Yaletown. Gas town is nice during the day (only), and Robson street is the busy touristy area.

Have fun, Vancity is my favourite city in all of north america.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Cultus is over an hour away from Vancouver, so it's not a short trip. Langley is a ways as well. How long are you here for?
    If you want to do the beach thing, White Rock is pretty close to Langley. Some good restaurants along the beach too. Yelp is your friend.

If you make the trek to the city, definitely hit Stanley Park. I recommend renting a bike. Waste of time to explore the park on foot; it's huge. Beaches, pools, trails, fields, etc.
    Like blayze said, Yaletown is good for food, but it's mainly chain restaurants like the keg and cactus club now. Stuff you can get anywhere. If you want non-chain places, Gastown is your place. It's much safer than it was a few years ago, so no worries hanging out there at night(Just keep west of Main Street). There's a bunch of bars down there as well.
    Kitsilano has a bunch of beaches and restaurants/bars. The beaches are all basically the same, but get less busy as you head west. Food and drinks along 4th ave and Broadway. Again, yelp is your friend when deciding where to go if youre not familiar with the area.
    Granville Island is cool. Markets, restaurants, etc
    Commercial Drive is a good walk during the day. Lots to eat and see.
    Granville Street for some nightlife.
    Robson shopping. Also places to shop in Gastown, Kits and everywhere in between.
    If you're travelling with a lady, she might be into Kerrisdale. Lots of places for afternoon tea and other girly shit.
    If you want to take a game in, the Jays single A affiliate plays out of Nat Bailey Stadium at Queen Elizabeth Park. Tickets are cheap and it's a good excuse to sit out in the sun crushing beers. See if you can take down one of the two foot hot dogs. Whitecaps and Lions tickets are easy to come by as well.
    If you want to venture out of the city a little, there are a couple night markets in Richmond. One of them is accessible by the Canada Line skytrain.
    If you're into the outdoors and want to go on a hike or cliff jump etc, the North Shore all the way up to Whistler has tons of things to do. Grouse is great, but costs money to ride the tram up the mountain. Alternatively, you could do Seymour or Cypress for free if it's just the views you're after. Grouse has facilities and activities running year round, whereas the other don't.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

on the island there's lots of nice beaches. any of the ones on the west coast are nice and parksville is my favorite on the east side. If you want to go bungee jumping or climbing around in treetop obstacles there's a place outside nanaimo. If you like river tubing people go down cowichan river for hours. If you are staying south in Victoria. the sooke potholes are a good spot. or if you have a day trip you can take a ferry from sidney to an island called sidney spit which is very relaxing with nice beaches.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

If you can, make the drive in to Vancouver. About an hour and a half (or less) from Cultus.

I'd recommend - biking/walking the Seawall around Stanley Park/English Bay. Gorgeous view of the ocean/city/mountains all in one.

If you are active, the Grouse Grind is a lot of fun. Busy with tourists sometimes, but you can't beat the view (or the workout).

Endless food options - downtown, Kitsilano, Commercial area - depends on what food you want. I'd say Vancouver's best offering is Sushi - there is so much good Sushi in this city.

You can rent kayaks and explore English Bay, too. That is a lot of fun. Some nice boats, and again, the views are incredible.

I haven't been out to Cultus Lake for a while. A nice lake (there are tons of them) but really busy with boats from what I remember.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for all your suggestions.

G- Washington, Montreal

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by TigerUpperCut View Post
    Cultus is over an hour away from Vancouver, so it's not a short trip. Langley is a ways as well. How long are you here for?
    I will be there for a week. I flew to San Francisco and traveled up the coast. Now I am in a Best Western in Washington State. I will be back in Canada in a few hours from now.

G- Washington, Montreal