Poll: What elite player gets the most points next season?!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What elite player gets the most points next season?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

[QUOTE=Axeman33;1165661]
    That being said, as pointed out by many, Stamkos is still the most consistent player the previous few seasons. He is money in the bank to come close to 100pts (I still dont know how he doesnt have a 100pt season under his belt yet).
    QUOTE]

Maybe because Stamkos don't have a power play offensive defenseman like Letang or Green ( in his good day's ) behind him...
    12 teams keeper with playoff - points only
    6 fwd, 4 def , 2 goalies , 4 farm
    Malkin,Ovechkin,Seguin,Benn,Parise,Kesler
    Letang,Green,MDZ,Bogosian
    Rask,Holtby
    Nichushkin,Tarasenko,Toffoli,Hamilton

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    It's a vertical ranking of the players and where they'd sit based on the number of games they played.

So Crosby comes out on top whether he plays 82 games or 70 etc etc.

I'd choose Crosby 1st followed by Stammer (so consistent) then Geno.

Ovie 4th. Tavares 5th. Giroux 6th.
    Yes, but just my (non researched, off the top of my head) opinion, of course.

Dobber Sports Master

Barring any years where he starts the season off concussed... My vote is always in the Crosby court until I see a better player come along or if I don't, until he's past his prime (and even then it'd be hard to write him off...). Just that much better than even the league's elite.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Giant

Voting:

Crosby -- 36
    Malkin -- 4
    Stamkos -- 4

Yep. That sounds about right.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Crosby's return after getting rocked in the face by that shot last season definitely restored a good deal of my confidence in his health.

For the first time in a long time, I can actually say I'd take him first overall without hesitation in a one-year league.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Crosby's return after getting rocked in the face by that shot last season definitely restored a good deal of my confidence in his health.

For the first time in a long time, I can actually say I'd take him first overall without hesitation in a one-year league.
    Does this mean we can finally be Crosby fluffers together? I've been waiting these last couple years for you to learn to love Sid again ...

Is this real? Am I dreaming?

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Yeah he really took a rocket to the face and is doing pretty good now getting more dental procedures done throughout the summer!

I wanted Crosby last year but he went 1st overall, I took Malkin 2nd and he was shit all season long! I certainly have a chub on for Crosby in October's draft, but Stamkos and Ovechkin have me intrigued too.

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Voting:

Crosby -- 36
    Malkin -- 4
    Stamkos -- 4

Yep. That sounds about right.
    St.Louis led the league last season and has 0 votes, wow! Yeah I don't think he will lead the league for a 3rd time either. Crosby now with 40 votes wow!!!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Interesting to note that if you had a poll like this for every year for the last 5 years, you'd probably have very similar results. yet Crosby only has one Art Ross trophy in 2006 when he was 19. This is similar to predicting Stanley Cup champs at the start of the playoffs. The easiest choice is the President's Trophy winner yet most years it's another that ends up being the champs.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Interesting to note that if you had a poll like this for every year for the last 5 years, you'd probably have very similar results. yet Crosby only has one Art Ross trophy in 2006 when he was 19. This is similar to predicting Stanley Cup champs at the start of the playoffs. The easiest choice is the President's Trophy winner yet most years it's another that ends up being the champs.
    Great point, Crosby has only led the league once in 8 years, Ovechkin 3 times 8 years, and Malkin 2 times in what 9 years? Crosby is the best when healthy but he needs to play at least 70 games to lead the league likely! He's come close other times too but just missed out. I want to see a 80 game season from him next season to see if he can beat his career best 120!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    yet Crosby only has one Art Ross trophy in 2006 when he was 19.
    You're preaching to the choir bro. I say this to people all the time, especially when he was injured. Of course they choose to turn a blind eye and say "well he had this injury, and that injury, but it was unrelated to this and that", inevitably finishing with the ever so convincing "he's Sidney freaking Crosby and he'll score 150 points if he's healthy" argument.

I've had that conversation way too many times.

The Wolverine

Just to be different I'm going to say Tavares.

EDIT: After posting I voted and noticed a couple others thought the same. Right on.

Dobber Sports Giant

You're preaching to the choir bro. I say this to people all the time, especially when he was injured. Of course they choose to turn a blind eye and say "well he had this injury, and that injury, but it was unrelated to this and that", inevitably finishing with the ever so convincing "he's Sidney freaking Crosby and he'll score 150 points if he's healthy" argument.

I've had that conversation way too many times.
    Even I got sick of the injuries, and I'm one of the biggest Crosby fluffers on these boards. I shipped him during his last concussion in the league in sig for Taylor Hall and Ryan Getzlaf, and I've never looked back.

Crosby is obviously the best player in the world when healthy, and he's shown recently that he can be more healthy than not; but to completely ignore his injury history would be stupid.

Cheers.

For future reference, I am the lone Taylor Hall vote.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Quote Originally Posted by jsuites View Post
    For future reference, I am the lone Taylor Hall vote.
    Like it, if he stays healthy he could be in the mix for the Art Ross! That would be good for Eberle's and RNH's value too likely! I would think that Hall will lead the league in points at some point in the future but I'm not sure about next season.