Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilya Kovalchuk to RETIRE ( QUIT )from NHL

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Unless you're an NHL GM/Owner in which case it's just fine to trade you the day before your trade deadline goes into place, buy you out of your contract, or place you on waivers ... right?
    that's just business

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Banned

Unless you're an NHL GM/Owner in which case it's just fine to trade you the day before your trade deadline goes into place, buy you out of your contract, or place you on waivers ... right?
    correct, the owners are super special because they are insanely wealthy and wealthy people are just better than everyone else.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    that's just business
    You bet. Just business. Hilarious.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    correct, the owners are super special because they are insanely wealthy and wealthy people are just better than everyone else.
    Umm .. Kovalchuk is also insanely wealthy now too. Though granted, not super-insane, just regular insane, which I suppose is the distinction here...haha

Dobber Sports Wizard

You bet. Just business. Hilarious.
    business trumps personal doesn't it

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    business trumps personal doesn't it
    99% of the time. Or is it the 1% of the time. I always get those confused

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If the Devils finish very low in the standings would they even get a ball in the lottery?

Banned

Umm .. Kovalchuk is also insanely wealthy now too. Though granted, not super-insane, just regular insane, which I suppose is the distinction here...haha
    Kovie's a millionaire, those are a dime a dozen these days...if you can't afford to by at least a small nation then you're just not in the same game and therefore not special

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I just looked over my roster. Bryzgalov is my only Russian. Should I worry about my guys from the Czech Republic and Slovakia?

I was thinking about trading for Varlamov, but I think this is the nail in the coffin for me. I already got burnt by Filatov and lower-profile scrubs like Makarov. No more Russians.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Man... Zajac has lost Parise and Kovy in the past couple years... what's a center to do?
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Initiate

The devils really should have forfeited there pick the year after making the finals (29th overall) should have been a no brainer, it was really as good as they could hope for. I mean were they expecting to win the cup and that would only bump them down 1 spot anyways. Lou gets alot of praise but that seems like and absolute terrible mistake. Now they will most likely lose a top 5 pick next year! Just brutal

And as a Schneider owner this will probably cost some w's, I am thinking this further forces NJ to play more boring super defensive hockey though which should result in solid gaa and sv% hopefully
    12 Team H2H - 3C/3LW/3RW/4D/4BN
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%,SO

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Burmistrov
    Kovie
    who's the next russian to go??
    They can all go, malkin, datsyuk, gonchar, markov, bryz, bobrovsky....nhl will be really niçe anyway,

Time for rookies to shine
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It's funny, I have never been willing to pay the asking price for these high flying Russian players, so have no flight risk associated with their ownership. Can't imagine losing my stud LW on a fantalsy team with no compensation.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    It's funny, I have never been willing to pay the asking price for these high flying Russian players, so have no flight risk associated with their ownership. Can't imagine losing my stud LW on a fantalsy team with no compensation.
    Now imagine if you were the actual GM of NJ lol..

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by holypuck View Post
    The devils really should have forfeited there pick the year after making the finals (29th overall) should have been a no brainer, it was really as good as they could hope for. I mean were they expecting to win the cup and that would only bump them down 1 spot anyways. Lou gets alot of praise but that seems like and absolute terrible mistake. Now they will most likely lose a top 5 pick next year! Just brutal

And as a Schneider owner this will probably cost some w's, I am thinking this further forces NJ to play more boring super defensive hockey though which should result in solid gaa and sv% hopefully
    Lou must've been high off the Cup finals. He really allowed the most sensible time to forfeit that 1st to slip right by.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar