Thread: When if ever will Patrik Berglund be a 60+ player

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default When if ever will Patrik Berglund be a 60+ player

Will Bergs hit 60+ points in the next season or two? Is he a career 40-50 pt tweener between 2nd and 3rd lines?

Dobber Sports Genius

I see him staying in the 50 point 2nd-3rd line role
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Banned

Berglund is a perfect third line center and his stats going forward will reflect this.... 60 points is never going to happen. Only thing going for Berglund is that the only center above him on the depth chart is Backes, so he will continue to get decent wingers and PP time. When the youth in StL are ready to carry more responsibilty, or if the Blues can find a way to add a better centerman (they will try this summer - guaranteed), then Berglund will find himself permanently on the third line and then 40 points will be a good season.

Dobber Sports Veteran

You never know, because he has TOP level talent and physical ability but his focus and consistency suck. I could see him hitting 70 points in a career year but never reaching above 45 thereafter.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Pro

I think he will be a 60+ point guy if/when Hitchcock is fired. His system makes the team all 45-55 point guys because of spread out ice time. If he was to be the 1C in STL and on the top PP under that system he could get close at best but I doubt it.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Administrator

He needs more minutes to break into that level. I dunno, maybe there's a team out there that sees him as a top line center and drops him a huge offer sheet this summer that St. Louis can't (or doesn't want) to match. Something in the O'Reilly range for instance. As long as he's in St. Louis he's looking at more of the same, which means 16:50 minutes per game, 2:21 on the power play. That's probably not enough to elevate Berglund to the next level.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I think he will be a 60+ point guy if/when Hitchcock is fired. His system makes the team all 45-55 point guys because of spread out ice time. If he was to be the 1C in STL and on the top PP under that system he could get close at best but I doubt it.
    The players in StL are just 45-55 point players, regardless of the coach. There is not a premier offensive player in the bunch and nobody was lighting things up when Payne was still the coach. Hitch uses a system that gives these players the best chance to win games and if there were better offensive players on the roster, they would score more points.
    Last edited by 27Blue; June 13, 2013 at 10:55 PM.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    The players in StL are just 45-55 point players, regardless of the coach. There is not a premier offensive player in the bunch and nobody was lighting things up when Payne was still the coach. Hitch uses a system that gives these players the best chance to win games and if there were better offensive players on the roster, they would score more points.
    Im going to have to disagree with that. I think the coach is putting them into the system where he rolls four lines at all times ....I don't think it's the players lack of skill that is causing this.

Dobber Sports Wizard

This is only possible on EA Sports NHL 14'.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    This is only possible on EA Sports NHL 14'.
    Im pretty sure I did it in NHL 11......

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Nothing's impossible, but smart bet is that he'll max out as a 50 to 55 point guy.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by NewGarbageGoal View Post
    Nothing's impossible, but smart bet is that he'll max out as a 50 to 55 point guy.
    Right now, I tend to agree. However if he was to find himself on another team or if StL found a new coach, that could change considerably.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne