24. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will hurt Duchene's fantasy value

2 8.33%
  • It will help Duchene's fantasy value

22 91.67%

Thread: Duchene's fantasy outlook

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Duchene's fantasy outlook

After watching the Memorial Cup, you gotta think that the Avs will take MacKinnon over Jones in the draft. If that scenario plays out, will it hurt or help Duchene's fantasy value?
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm gonna go ahead and say they won't take Mack over Jones or Drouin. I too watched the tourney and while he has increased his value, he shouldn't out value Drouin. Also, the Avs are hurting for a d-man more than anything. IF the Avs take Mack it won't really hurt Duchene's value at least in my opinion. Yeah the kid has skill, but he is definitely not the next Crosby, which apparently he thought would be a good idea to say he would be. He's still small and soft, he's got a little ways to go before he can hang with the big boys.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Chill View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and say they won't take Mack over Jones or Drouin. I too watched the tourney and while he has increased his value, he shouldn't out value Drouin. Also, the Avs are hurting for a d-man more than anything. IF the Avs take Mack it won't really hurt Duchene's value at least in my opinion. Yeah the kid has skill, but he is definitely not the next Crosby, which apparently he thought would be a good idea to say he would be. He's still small and soft, he's got a little ways to go before he can hang with the big boys.
    Hold on a second, did I read you correctly when you said that Nate Mac went on record as saying he'd be the next Crosby? If so, link please!

Here's the article of him accepting MVP for the tourny trying to downplay any Crosby comps:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...named-mvp.html

Here's a quote from him in 2011:

“It's never fun to be compared to the best player in the world, but I guess I take it as a compliment,” he said after a recent practice, a Penguins hat jammed backward on his head. “I know I'll never be Sidney Crosby. I just want to play my own game and not his. I don'tlike to compare myself to him too much, because you can't, he's too good.”

Link here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey...rhockey-321745

Anyway, I could post these all day. I've been following this kid for years and he's done everything he can to go out of his way to shake off the Crosby comparisons so if you've found evidence to the contrary I'd love to see it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

MCKINNON NEVER COMPARE HIMSELF TO CROSBY. The media, scout and hockey ppl around him compare Mckinnon to Crosby especially because they are both from cole harbour ( or something like this). The kid got talent, speed, hockey iq and sport dedication. But he is not in the Crosby league, Crosby is a generational talent, I put McKinnon, Drouin and Jones in the all star talent, which is very special also.

I think he did enough to be selected 1 overall by Colorado, if that happen he will HELP Duchene stats and not hurt.

We will see it the 30rd June.
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Flex View Post
    After watching the Memorial Cup, you gotta think that the Avs will take MacKinnon over Jones in the draft. If that scenario plays out, will it hurt or help Duchene's fantasy value?
    I really hope Av's brass don't make decisions on 3 game sample sizes. They have 2 strong Cs and they have an opportunity to have a franchise defence man. This tourney will probably not affect their decision one way or the other.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The Av's will select Seth Jones 1st overall.. I think Florida has the toughest choice now after this tournament.. Mack or Drouin??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    The Av's will select Seth Jones 1st overall.. I think Florida has the toughest choice now after this tournament.. Mack or Drouin??
    I agree 100% with this statement right here.

While theres no doubting MacKinnon was the best player at the MemCup (and it wasnt even close) Colorado will be hard pressed to pass on Jones. Its not like MacKinnon came out of no where during the MemCup. Everyone knows his abilities and all he did was cement what everyone already knew; hes one of the best young players in this years draft class.

I think the pressure will be on Florida at #2 more so then Colorado.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

So the future D of the Av's will be Elliot, Barrie, Johnson, Jones?
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    So the future D of the Av's will be Elliot, Barrie, Johnson, Jones?
    If/when they hit their strides, yes.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

id bet The Av's will select Seth Jones 1st.
    if they did take mac. i dont think it would hurt duschene.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm saying Colorado takes Jones.

Their defensive group was absolutely horrific this past season. This is beyond the point of adding another top-tier forward.

The Avs MUST get better on the blueline to get better as a team. Simple as that. I know there's other issues, but that the huge glaring one.

Add in the local ties, the marketing angle to a US-born player, son of a former Nugget, and I think it's still a fairly easy choice.

The only way they don't, in my mind, is if they manage to move Stastny for a defenseman or O'Reilly (eventually) for a defenseman. But that's easier said than done. Everyone wants top defensemen.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    I'm saying Colorado takes Jones.

Their defensive group was absolutely horrific this past season. This is beyond the point of adding another top-tier forward.

The Avs MUST get better on the blueline to get better as a team. Simple as that. I know there's other issues, but that the huge glaring one.

Add in the local ties, the marketing angle to a US-born player, son of a former Nugget, and I think it's still a fairly easy choice.

The only way they don't, in my mind, is if they manage to move Stastny for a defenseman or O'Reilly (eventually) for a defenseman. But that's easier said than done. Everyone wants top defensemen.
    The local connection is huge in this case, agreed. The Avs will take Jones.

No matter who they draft, Duchene will benefit. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Duchene's a stud. I see a few 40g/90p seasons in his future.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Ace

Whoops. I got carried away with the Seth Jones thing.

Agree 100% with Angus. Duchene is going to put up huge numbers, whether he's with Jones or McKinnon.

I would venture, just a touch, that a good puck-moving DMan helps offensive production more than another good forward. Witness what Erik Karlsson (not a great example b/c he's super-elite) does for Ottawa...and what the loss of Ehrhoff (never really replaced) did to the Canucks. Just wasn't the same afterwards.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I don't think there is a snowballs chance in **** that the Avs draft anyone not named Jones