Thread: Tlusty/B.Schenn

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Tlusty/B.Schenn

In a 16 teams Dynasty League with a salary cap based on Yahoo O-Ranks I am the owner of Braydon Schenn.

I have been offered

Tlusty
    Matheson
    31th overall draft pick this year
    54th overall draft pick this year
    a 2nd round next year prob. late 20s

for

Braydon Schenn
    68th overall draft pick this year.

Both Tlusty and schenn are FAs and need a new contract based on next years orank.
    I guess Tlusty will be more expensive then Schenn, but I dont know if the lost in faceoffs and higher salary is worth the hole package.

At the moment I am leaning towards accepting the offer. i have a very strong team and should be a contender. this year my team only lost becourse of tiebreak rules.

What do you think, should I do it ?

League stats are : Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, SOG,
    Goalies: W, Shots Against, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Superstar

How many players do you start at each position? This seems like a very deep league, which makes me think that the draft picks being discussed here are pretty useless; mainly you could add a similar player from the waiver wire relatively easily. What type of players might you draft at those spots? Is Matheson someone who should even be rostered in your league? (I won't lie, I had to look the guy up to figure out who he was).

To me, this trade is essentially Tlusty for Schenn. Personally, I like Schenn's upside better and he will provide you with a more reasonable cap hit I would think. If it's me, I pass on this one.

Dobber Sports Rookie

what are the picks used for? FAs? Prospects? Both?

Dobber Sports Rookie

It looks like a solid deal, Tlusty is getting the chance to play with Staals and he is playing well there.