View Poll Results: Who will win this 2nd round series?!

Voters
84. This poll is closed
  • Penguins in 4

2 2.38%
  • Penguins in 5

16 19.05%
  • Penguins in 6

25 29.76%
  • Penguins in 7

7 8.33%
  • Senators in 4

1 1.19%
  • Senators in 5

4 4.76%
  • Senators in 6

13 15.48%
  • Senators in 7

16 19.05%
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Semifinals: (1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (7) Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    A dynasty? Jesus christ. Were done here. I'm not wishing you luck either.
    to be fair, i do recall you saying that if the sens drafted seth jones they would be a dynasty. dont hate on L2TG when you made a stupid ass statement too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    to be fair, i do recall you saying that if the sens drafted seth jones they would be a dynasty. dont hate on L2TG when you made a stupid ass statement too.
    Correct. But that's not going to happen.

Dobber Sports Icon

i think we all have to remember that rd 1 usually means squat. often times supposed better teams are pushed further. maybe im wrong as i havent checked
    but im thinking upsets happen more in the first rd.

Better teams usually step up their game/get better as the playoffs go on.

This is why i see the pens as the winner here.

Samething, i believe will happen to the bruins if they beat the leafs tonight{unless they are really exhausted as some have suggested}.

wake up time!!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Correct. But that's not going to happen.
    so you still think the sens with jones would be a dynasty?

come on ev, you have good posts 90% of the time and then you say stupid stuff like this. sens havent even won a cup yet and you think jones alone will propel them to win multiple cups, give me a break.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan19 View Post
    WOW BigEV you're a pretty lame Sens fan if you ask me.

I'll say it! Sens are going to win this series!
    Higher expectations/overconfidence can lead to more disappointment.

Dobber Sports Icon

this is what i don't like. People have their own opinions. let them make it and accept it right or wrong w/o cutting them down or belittling them. if u don't agree dont resort to this. Give your thoughts and Move on.

Most all of us have done it in the past{and EV is generally cool - so i am not calling him out - and very insightful...so it happens}but there are a few on the site that go overboard. I don't even respond too them anymore. Why feed their ego.

This is a discussion board. Stop the criticizing. Be positive and buildup. That way people learn from their mistakes{and opinions if they are wrong} and get better. Which is a plus plus for this site!

Banned

so you still think the sens with jones would be a dynasty?

come on ev, you have good posts 90% of the time and then you say stupid stuff like this. sens havent even won a cup yet and you think jones alone will propel them to win multiple cups, give me a break.
    Clearly joking. Lighten up bud.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    this is what i don't like. People have their own opinions. let them make it and accept it right or wrong w/o cutting them down or belittling them. if u don't agree dont resort to this. Give your thoughts and Move on.

Most all of us have done it in the past{and EV is generally cool - so i am not calling him out - and very insightful...so it happens}but there are a few on the site that go overboard. I don't even respond too them anymore. Why feed their ego.

This is a discussion board. Stop the criticizing. Be positive and buildup. That way people learn from their mistakes{and opinions if they are wrong} and get better. Which is a plus plus for this site!
    so it's okay for big ev to call the sens a dynasty, but not okay for L2TG to call the pens a dynasty? i have no issue with people posting their opinions, no matter how wrong they may see. but dont go and be a hypocrite, L2TG has every right to say the pens are a dynasty if big ev can call the sens one. dont discredit L2TG and make him sound stupid because his opinion is that the pens are a dynasty, when you think the sens are one rookie away from being a dynasty.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Clearly joking. Lighten up bud.
    the point is when you make these posts you dont give a hint of sarcasm, in fact i am pretty sure we were arguing about this in the past and you were adamant that the sens were a dynasty with jones.

Dobber Sports Stud

"A sports dynasty is a team that dominates their sport or league for multiple seasons or years. Such dominance is often only realized in retrospect. Some leagues maintain official lists of dynasties, often as part of a hall of fame (e.g., National Hockey League), but in many cases, whether a team has achieved a dynasty is often subjective, and can be a frequent topic of debate among sports fans." - Wiki
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Banned

the point is when you make these posts you dont give a hint of sarcasm, in fact i am pretty sure we were arguing about this in the past and you were adamant that the sens were a dynasty with jones.
    No, I remember saying right after that there are no dynasties in the NHL anymore.

But they would have been a Cup contender with a Sens Jones in a couple of years, no questions (well they will be with this current roster anyway).

Now enough of this pointless talk. There's a series to play.

Dobber Sports Guru

Ok getting ahead of myself a bit here but I really hope the Sens win this series

reason being after the Leafs win tonight and beat the Rangers next round (who will also win tonight) we can have home ice in the Conference finals against Ottawa. Man that would be a fun series ..... and yes that sounds realistic in my head cause im drunk on blue koolaid so piss off
    Last edited by wendelclark17; May 13, 2013 at 11:23 AM.

Dobber Sports Icon

so it's okay for big ev to call the sens a dynasty, but not okay for L2TG to call the pens a dynasty? i have no issue with people posting their opinions, no matter how wrong they may see. but dont go and be a hypocrite, L2TG has every right to say the pens are a dynasty if big ev can call the sens one. dont discredit L2TG and make him sound stupid because his opinion is that the pens are a dynasty, when you think the sens are one rookie away from being a dynasty.
    Wasn't my point at all. Apologize if it read that way. Please show me where this point came up in my post so I'll correct it.

Or did you think I was calling you out? Definitely not. You were right what you said. When i was talking about a few others who do this(w/o naming names) i was referring to posts overall.

Def respect the way you handle things.

I was just saying we need to watch our approach when responding to opinions of others.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

lets just drop it before i become the hypocrite and ruin this thread like the leafs/boston was a couple days ago lol

Dobber Sports Icon

lets just drop it before i become the hypocrite and ruin this thread like the leafs/boston was a couple days ago lol
    lol.....moving on