View Poll Results: Who will win this 2nd round series?!

Voters
84. This poll is closed
  • Penguins in 4

2 2.38%
  • Penguins in 5

16 19.05%
  • Penguins in 6

25 29.76%
  • Penguins in 7

7 8.33%
  • Senators in 4

1 1.19%
  • Senators in 5

4 4.76%
  • Senators in 6

13 15.48%
  • Senators in 7

16 19.05%
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Semifinals: (1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (7) Ottawa Senators

Banned

there was lots of talkabout how bad fleury was in round one, but nabakov was not very good either. the isles showed how far you can go by simply outworking the pens... and the sens play a similar game. if anderson plays like he can, the sens should be very much in this series... with a reasonable opportunity for an upset. that said, i would never bet against crosby and so I take the penguins - though, i think it could go six games. anderson is the wild card here - he could be the difference.

Dobber Sports Pro

Pens in 6 for me
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Took Sens in 7

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Sens in 7.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sens in 5.

BOOM

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Just like the Islanders right?
    I certainly never predicted the Islanders would get swept. We all have our opinions on things. Did you get all 8 series right last round?

Dobber Sports Master

They're going back to Fleury right?

I mean, they have to. He's there number one guy in the midst of a long term 5mil/yr deal... they can't risk screwing that up just because he's had a few minor troubles in the post-season, right?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I certainly never predicted the Islanders would get swept. We all have our opinions on things. Did you get all 8 series right last round?
    I respect everyone's opinion except yours after the comment that the Sens had no chance against anyone except the Islanders. You know nothing about the Sens.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    bring out the brooms

pens in 4

Absolutely agree with Praba... No upset potential. This is done in 5 IMO... and only because Anderson may steal 1. Who's gonna line up against Crosby??? Turris? LOL! Sens have no depth at centre and Pens will expose this all series long.. A HEALTHY Spezza may have made this a series a bit more interesting. I'm actually waaay more scared of the Islanders offensively than the Sens, I always thought the Habs were extremely overrated.

PS: Expect a monster series from Malkin!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Tough call!!! Got to go with Crosby and Malkin.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by L2TG View Post
    Absolutely agree with Praba... No upset potential. This is done in 5 IMO... and only because Anderson may steal 1. Who's gonna line up against Crosby??? Turris? LOL! Sens have no depth at centre and Pens will expose this all series long.. A HEALTHY Spezza may have made this a series a bit more interesting. I'm actually waaay more scared of the Islanders offensively than the Sens, I always thought the Habs were extremely overrated.

PS: Expect a monster series from Malkin!
    my reasoning is different than yours.

sens played arguably the easiest team in the east. the habs had a hot stretch at the start of the season, and the real .500 team showed up for the latter half.

i'm surprised a lot of people are picking the sens over the pens...i would have assumed most of us would have realized that they just looked really good in round 1 because they were up against a subpar opponent. lets see how they do against a real team like the pens. if they can expose the pens D then they might have a chance, but i still think the pens will dominate this series.

Dobber Sports Initiate

can
    Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    my reasoning is different than yours.

sens played arguably the easiest team in the east. the habs had a hot stretch at the start of the season, and the real .500 team showed up for the latter half.

i'm surprised a lot of people are picking the sens over the pens...i would have assumed most of us would have realized that they just looked really good in round 1 because they were up against a subpar opponent. lets see how they do against a real team like the pens. if they can expose the pens D then they might have a chance, but i still think the pens will dominate this series.
    As I said the Habs were overrated.. the shortened season is what got them in. Add in the fact that they had to play without Gionta and Pacioretty.. AND Price was rattled.. I think this series will be done in 5 or less.

The real question here is... Who should start Game 1? Fleury or Vokoun?

Personally, I don't know where I stand on this. One side of me wants to say Vokoun because he essentially saved the Pens from elimination as Fleury looked really really bad. But another part of me wants to give Fleury the start in Game 1 because I feel that if he can get in a groove it will benefit the Pens deeper in playoffs as Fleury is known to be streaky. Furthermore, if Fleury loses his first game and plays terribly.. I don't think it's the end of the world because I believe the Pens can handle the Sens quite easily and subsequently can sacrifice a game to test out Flowers.

My gut says FLEURY, but my brain says VOKOUN!

PS: For all the Sens fans, I respect your team and think you've guys have done very well to this point. I could be wrong obviously and you guys can easily win as the Islanders also shocked a lot of peeps. But I feel the road ends here. Regardless, job well done to the Sens and Islanders for their solid play when a lot of people counted them out!
    Last edited by L2TG; May 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hope the Sens advance, but Pens in 5 is the likely outcome.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Vokoun will start..........

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

At this point 20 are voting for the Sens to win, 17 for the Pens. I say Sens in 6.
    GO WINGS!