Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Michel Therrien's a bit sensitive, no?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    I don't understand why MacLean would choose to add fuel to an already well stoked fire. Show a little class you fat walrus.
    Because it worked. Lol

Nothing to do with class. All about maintaining momentum. Habs are reeling now...on and off the ice. This is playoff hockey at its best...we'll...from a rivalry standpoint.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    The Sens were not almost as bad. If I were a Habs fan I'd be real quiet the next day or so. A Habs fan talking about the class of McLean is a joke.
    it's a hockey forum, talking is what they are for...now go crawl back in your hole

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Because it worked. Lol

Nothing to do with class. All about maintaining momentum. Habs are reeling now...on and off the ice. This is playoff hockey at its best...we'll...from a rivalry standpoint.
    Worked how though? My point is that in the playoffs the emotions are already at 11, there's no need for the coach to instigate things and make it worse. Sure, it might throw the Habs off their game and that would be a good thing, OR it could lead to someone snapping and someone else getting hurt. You saw Subban going after Turris late in the game, that was classless and a bitch move but that's the kinda shit Subban does when he's frustrated, what if Subban gives Turris a concussion, or worse still Anderson? How does that help your team? Its the wounded animal adage, it's never smart to poke the injured dog with a stick
    Last edited by mister_mcgoo; May 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM.

Dobber Sports Ace

therrien should be grateful Lehner wasn't in nets, because Price would have gotten the crap kicked out of him.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Veteran

Here is MacLean's post game interview....

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videoc...245660&lang=en
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Super Moderator

Therrien just comes across as such a whiner and loser in his press conferences. Just STFU and worry about the next game. Don't worry about the other team's coaches. Worry about Subban and Patches, worry about Price, worry your team looking stupid. Don't worry about Maclean calling a timeout. I loved watching Montreal (as well as Ottawa this year) but something is going on with them and it's not looking good.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    therrien should be grateful Lehner wasn't in nets, because Price would have gotten the crap kicked out of him.
    You sure about that?!? doubt that very much.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Banned

Exactly, it's a big douche move and completely uncalled for, Therrien shouldn't let that shit get to him but at the same time I don't understand why MacLean would choose to add fuel to an already well stoked fire. Show a little class you fat walrus.
    Mcgoo, do you honestly believe this crap? Wow.
    Last edited by Big Ev; May 6, 2013 at 10:21 AM.

Banned

If you watched the game then know that the Sens were almost as bad, outside the 1st half of the game it was a shitfest. But that's even besides the point, even my grade school coaches new how to show class and sportsmanship in the face of a game like this, a lesson that MacLean has sadly not yet learned.
    Paul MacLean is one of the classier people in the NHL, just listen to his interviews. Looks like you're being brainwashed by the ugly wife-beater behind the bench of the blue blanc et rouge.

I have little respeck for Therrien or the Habs fans that feel the same way.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ddp View Post
    You sure about that?!? doubt that very much.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...tml#more-43275

Lehner is a crazy guy with a bad temper.

Click on the first link - took 2 refs to wrestle him down to stop him from fighting another goalie.
    Last edited by cdubb; May 6, 2013 at 10:22 AM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

How sweet to watch Montreal fans squirm and come up with lame excuses, especially MM. They were outclassed in every way imaginable. That late timeout was just the icing on the cake. Or actually, MacLean's post game presser was the icing on the cake, but you get the point
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Master

Pretty sure if you polled all 27 other NHL coaches (and Sacco) none of them would have liked a time-out called against their team in that situation.

The Walrus can do what he likes, but there's reason to expect your opponent to like it.

Regardless, the only thing that really matters is the score, and it is 2-1 Ottawa now.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Pretty sure if you polled all 27 other NHL coaches (and Sacco) none of them would have liked a time-out called against their team in that situation.

The Walrus can do what he likes, but there's reason to expect your opponent to like it.

Regardless, the only thing that really matters is the score, and it is 2-1 Ottawa now.
    Did you watch the game at all?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Paul MacLean is one of the classier people in the NHL, just listen to his interviews. Looks like you're being brainwashed by the ugly wife-beater behind the bench of the blue blanc et rouge.

I have little respeck for Therrien or the Habs fans that feel the same way.
    Hardly dude, Therrien is behaving like a jackass as well but that doesn't excuse MacLean either...at best that's a bone-headed decision by him. There's no need to stoke the fire, you've already won the game handily so what's the point in going 'nyaaa nyaa nyaa' and possibly inciting more violence?

I sincerely hope for your sake and the sake of the Sens that someone like White doesn't decide that payback is due and lay Karlsson or Anderson out for the rest of the playoffs. At some point as a head coach you need to use your head and recognize that keeping your players healthy is half the battle in the playoffs and he seems to think its more important to antagonize the opposition than to do what is best for his team.

Personally I think he was really hurt by that walrus comment and is just crying his eyes out on the inside

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post

I think you are making a very general statement.....there was a LOT more to it than the timeout....
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hardly dude, Therrien is behaving like a jackass as well but that doesn't excuse MacLean either...at best that's a bone-headed decision by him. There's no need to stoke the fire, you've already won the game handily so what's the point in going 'nyaaa nyaa nyaa' and possibly inciting more violence?

I sincerely hope for your sake and the sake of the Sens that someone like White doesn't decide that payback is due and lay Karlsson or Anderson out for the rest of the playoffs. At some point as a head coach you need to use your head and recognize that keeping your players healthy is half the battle in the playoffs and he seems to think its more important to antagonize the opposition than to do what is best for his team.

Personally I think he was really hurt by that walrus comment and is just crying his eyes out on the inside
    Then Neil or Kassian takes out Price or Gally. It's not like Montreal is a particularly tough team. Whiny bitches, but not tough.
    GO WINGS!