Thread: backstrom for sharp/tarasenko (rep)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default backstrom for sharp/tarasenko (rep)

team 1, we keep 7f each year and i have a potential opportunity to score nicklas backstrom for a package including sharp and tarasenko - in a pts-only situation would this be an overpayment on my part or fair enough considering backstrom will likely continue centering ovechkin into the future? rep to be awared for any insight...

my major qualm is giving up tarasenko, a budding young player, but then again he's been inconsistent and on a deep STL team he may not have the opp to produce to his full potential either.
    15-Team keep 6f, 3d, 1g pts-only, wins=2, SO=3, OTL=1
    F: Robertson, Thompson, DeBrincat, McCann, Tomasino, Chytil, Brink, Carlsson, Berggren, Guenther
    D: Morrissey, Montour, Jiricek, Perbix, LaCombe, Perunovich
    G: Talbot, Kuemper, Merzlikins, Kochetkov, Copley

Dobber Sports All-Star

I don't think Tarasenko would be a forward keeper so I'd be happy to trade him and an injury prone Sharp for Backstrom in pts only.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Genius

I would take that deal and run. In a limited points only keeper, Backstrom is by far the better end of this deal.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Had to read your sig twice to make sure you had no distinction between centers and wingers, and from what I can gather, you don't. Take that deal and be happy you unloaded 2 for 1.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Padawan

what if it were eriksson and tarasenko instead? same story?
    15-Team keep 6f, 3d, 1g pts-only, wins=2, SO=3, OTL=1
    F: Robertson, Thompson, DeBrincat, McCann, Tomasino, Chytil, Brink, Carlsson, Berggren, Guenther
    D: Morrissey, Montour, Jiricek, Perbix, LaCombe, Perunovich
    G: Talbot, Kuemper, Merzlikins, Kochetkov, Copley

Dobber Sports Veteran

Make either deal and then keep Granlund or trade for another keeper.

I say Granlund because I think that'd be general consensus among most people though in pts only I think Backlund could get huge opportunity next year and capitalize on it. Same with Baertschi.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Genius

Didn't realize it was keep 7 forwards, not keep 7 overall. That evens it up a little, maybe, but I'd still take Backstrom over Eriksson and Tarasenko. He's a cream of the crop blue-chip player, and he's only 25. He was producing well enough when Ovie was awol, and now that Ovie is back, who knows what will be in store next season. At worst he's a ppg player, and those don't grow on trees. Jump on it!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have to agree with everyone here.. at this point, Tarasenko is a borderline keeper at best. Grabbing a ppg player in Backstrom for a package of Sharp/Eriksson and Tarasenko is the ideal upgrade in a limited keeper such as yours. You can just replace Tarasenko with Granlund anyways as deantime419suggested. He was the favorite of the 2 before the season started dont forget.. I'd do the trade and not look back
    12 Team H2H Keep 6
    Scoring Cats - Players: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1G (locked in for the week)

C: Malkin, Kuznetsov, Larkin, Couture
    LW: Hall, DeBrincat, Fiala
    RW: Kucherov, J.T. Miller
    D: Theodore, Gustafsson, Pulock
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Initiate

If you were sending Backstrom out I'd have a tough time buying it, but I could justify it. Acquiring Backstrom for this package doesn't require any justification in my mind. You are covering off some of the immediate production the other owner will lose with Sharp, and any future production with Tarasenko. It's been well documented that Hitchcock's system isn't conducive to lots of offense, but he also has a history of getting axed after a couple years (especially recently). By the time Tarasenko is in his prime there might be a much more offensive coach in St. Louis. That is a lot of uncertainty though, and it's the only way I can think of that this deal would end up being a loss for you.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper