Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thoughts on a trade offer

Dobber Sports Initiate

You're going to get someone better than Forsberg with the 7th overall, so that's an upgrade. With your goaltending the way it is I'd be very tempted to add Bishop. He's not the best starter out there but at least he's a starter. If Halak can take his starting gig back having Bishop as your #3 would work out perfectly. I'd be pretty happy to add Bjugstad and Shore as well. You give up the best player in Voracek, but he has only had one solid year and is a prime sell-high candidate. Depending on who you would have to drop to accommodate everyone this could be a very solid move for you, and I'd go for it.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think unless you're planning to blow up the team or preparing for a long time rebuild, I'd stick with what you've got. I too am not overly familiar with cap leagues (hope that changes this upcoming season) but I suppose if you're entering a stage where you've got to start an audit it might help to shed what Voracek makes with all that young blood. But if you're not in a position where you absolutely 'have to' make these types of deals (gambles/cap issues, etc) I would definitely stick with what you've got.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks for all your responses. The general concensus is what I was feeling too. There are not too many point per game players in this league and I am pretty high on Vorecek so it would take something pretty big coming back my way for me to move him. The other part of this deal is that I would have to drop 2 players to make this deal happen and if I am dropping 2 guys then this deal is onesided and not in my favor.

I will send out rep to all of you and thanks again.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf