Thread: Reimer or Luongo tonight?

Administrator

Default Reimer or Luongo tonight?

League categories in sig.

I am behind in both GAA and save percentage so I have nothing to lose here. I need a win more than anything. Reimer has the easier match-up but it's his second night in a row which worries me a bit.

What do you guys think?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd go with Luongo. Better team defensively, better team overall, playing at home, not on a back-to-back.

Reimer does face the Panthers and their worst offence in the NHL but I have a gut feeling they'll put at least a pair and won't have many shots.

Tough call.

Dobber Sports Genius

He's not a salary cap bargain but I would go with Bobby Lu on this one.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Expert

This is a prime recipe for over-thinking. Sorry you have to make this call.

The LEAFS are 2-4-1 this season in the 2nd game of a back-to-back. However they're 2-0 against FLA this season with one SO [on the road no less].

VAN played ANA twice early this season and both were high scoring affairs [everyone was playing pond hockey the first few weeks of the season]. Both won in the other team's barn. What I do know is neither of these teams has a ton of motivation to win as both have locked up their respective divisions and seeding in the WEST. I think VAN played one of their best and most complete games a few nights ago against CHI and are trying to peak here at the right time.

I would understand going either way. Personally, TOR has more to play for and a weaker opponent. I prefer the motivation factor and depeleted FLA roster. Give me Reimer...and a few hours to second guess my choice.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Ninja

If you need the win, it's a no brainer to start Reimer (assuming he's even starting)... Leafs have everything to play for, and Panthers are already satisfied that they beat the Rangers last game so they'll probably come out flat.

Vancouver and Anaheim both have nothing to play for, so who knows how it can go, but I wouldn't expect a tight defensive game by any means.

Administrator

My thinking right now is that while Luongo list listed as firm starter and Reimer as just probable I'll leave Luongo in. The guaranteed saves are a huge plus.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

In light of the news that came out an hour ago that Anaheim is icing their farm team tonight, I'd definitely start Luongo either way.