Page 78 of 240 FirstFirst ... 28 68 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: I need a new show...

+1 for Taboo .I hammered through 7 episodes last week ; looking forward to finale then its probably on to the next banked series in the DVR , ''young pope''

aside from hardy , oona chaplin impressed me in taboo

- - - Updated - - -

+1 for Taboo .I hammered through 7 episodes last week ; looking forward to finale then its probably on to the next banked series in the DVR , ''young pope''

aside from hardy , oona chaplin impressed me in taboo

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned already but I just recently realized that "The People v. O.J. Simpson" wasn't a movie but instead a TV show, so I obviously started watching it. For some reason I had thought it was a movie and therefore I had ignored it on Netflix until now.

I was around 7 years old when it all happened and obviously didn't live in the US, so everything in the show is new to me. I didn't actually even know that OJ played football. I just remember him from The Naked Gun movies. They were some of my favorite movies growing up.

But yeah, it's a very interesting show. Very well made, their budget must be pretty high. Maybe they're just using John Travolta's money, I don't know. Worth the time if you haven't seen it yet.
    Agree. It was very well done and for those of you who had any interest in the original trial, this is a must see. This was an excellent show. You get to know all the players involved, the strategies, the brains behind the 'dream team' and how the prosecutor was goaded into getting OJ to try on the glove.

My wife began watching How To Get Away With Murder and I jumped in after a couple of episodes. The show is very smart and very well written. Last nights Best Supporting Actress winner Viola Davis, plays the main character. Everyone is a suspect.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Has anyone seen the OJ documentary??

Dobber Sports Apprentice

ESPN produced film, Oscar winner. I'd say it's up there with the Fab 5 for sports docs. Looking forward to watching it.

Dobber Sports Sage

The OJ 5 part doc was excellent. Definitely worth the watch if you lived through that.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

Has anyone watched Legion??? Was a surprisingly refreshing take on a "special abilities" and is incredibly well done. The main character is phenomenal (from Downton Abbey) and I highly, highly recommend checking it out.l
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Master

Sounds like an interesting show. I usually wait for an announcement that a second season has been commissioned before starting a new show however. Hopefully that will come soon as I like the premise of this show.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Has anyone watched Legion??? Was a surprisingly refreshing take on a "special abilities" and is incredibly well done. The main character is phenomenal (from Downton Abbey) and I highly, highly recommend checking it out.l
    I'm recording the entire season on dvr so I'll probably chip away at it even though its not really my kind of theme .

Dobber Sports Ninja

Guys which OJ series is better: The People vs. OJ (2015) or the latest 2017 one that just came out? Need to pick one.

Has anyone watched 'The 100'?
    I'm really enjoying it so far!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    The OJ 5 part doc was excellent. Definitely worth the watch if you lived through that.
    I lived through it but don't remember it and even though I loved the Cuba OJ show, this doc was just as fascinating.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Guys which OJ series is better: The People vs. OJ (2015) or the latest 2017 one that just came out? Need to pick one.
    Well....

People vs OJ is an actual show with actors playing the roles.

The OJ documentary is a 5 part series chronicling his life and talking to A LOT of people involved in all of it.

Both are great and fascinating for different reasons. Not sure I can say which is better though....I'd recommend both because while it;s the same topic, they're totally different in terms of story telling.

Dobber Sports Veteran

RE: OJ - Watch the documentary first then watch the tv series, sets the scene really well.

Just wanted to say thanks to this thread, I started watching "The Night of" and killed like 6 episoded last night.

I've got "Taboo" and "The Path" on deck after that based on suggestions in here.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Well....

People vs OJ is an actual show with actors playing the roles.

The OJ documentary is a 5 part series chronicling his life and talking to A LOT of people involved in all of it.

Both are great and fascinating for different reasons. Not sure I can say which is better though....I'd recommend both because while it;s the same topic, they're totally different in terms of story telling.
    Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    RE: OJ - Watch the documentary first then watch the tv series, sets the scene really well.

Just wanted to say thanks to this thread, I started watching "The Night of" and killed like 6 episoded last night.

I've got "Taboo" and "The Path" on deck after that based on suggestions in here.
    Thanks fellas that's helpful. Didn't know OJ vs People was an actual show lol

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Thanks fellas that's helpful. Didn't know OJ vs People was an actual show lol
    Ohhhh ya! Cuba Gooding. John Travolta. Ross from Friends! Great casting and acting.