Page 69 of 240 FirstFirst ... 19 59 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: I need a new show...

I'm 2 episodes into hbo's new mini series Quarry - not too shabby so far.

Dobber Sports Star

Anybody watch any Luke Cage yet? Going to watch a couple episodes now. Definitely loved Powerman and Iron Fist comics when I was young and I really like Mike Colter being cast. Looking forward to it.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Watching "Easy" on netflix and love it.

Dobber Sports Star

Did anybody watch HBOs Westworld tonight? I have been looking forward to it for a long time. I thought it was good, but expected a little more to be honest. Interested to see where they go from here.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Did anybody watch HBOs Westworld tonight? I have been looking forward to it for a long time. I thought it was good, but expected a little more to be honest. Interested to see where they go from here.

Rylant
    I will definitely watch as I think it looks very interesting.

Started Luke Cage the other day because I loved Daredevil and thought Jessica Jones probably had the best bad guy in anything Marvel has done.......but not very impressed so far.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Watched Westworld. I enjoyed it but I don't think it's going to replace Game of Thrones if that's what HBO was hoping for.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Star

Possible Spoilers???

I loved the music in Westworld. The Rolling Stones' Paint It Black during the Shootout scene and awesome rendition of Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun on the piano.

How long until somebody real dies in the Theme Park? I also hope that HBO isn't banking on the big Westworld reveal to be that Ed Harris' character is in fact an artificial being...

Rylant

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think the best show out there right now is the 'Presidential Election Race'. It is the talk of the continent. It has absolutely everything and then some. From drama to comedy. From truth to lies. From smart to dumb...to dumber. Mud slinging at its best. There is a surprise at every turn and just when things start to slow down, one candidate just cranks it right back up again. Its only one season long, (as most of the cast has been killed off, although, some do reappear), but there are episodes daily. The finale is on November 8 and is a can't miss. Viewer discretion is advised.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I think the best show out there right now is the 'Presidential Election Race'. It is the talk of the continent. It has absolutely everything and then some. From drama to comedy. From truth to lies. From smart to dumb...to dumber. Mud slinging at its best. There is a surprise at every turn and just when things start to slow down, one candidate just cranks it right back up again. Its only one season long, (as most of the cast has been killed off, although, some do reappear), but there are episodes daily. The finale is on November 8 and is a can't miss. Viewer discretion is advised.
    It's funny you should mention this. I'm sure you're being very tongue in cheek here, but I have thought for a long time now that this election has been a deliberately orchestrated 'reality show' of sorts. I think the American people, and anyone else who's getting wrapped up in it without stepping back and really paying attention, are getting taken for a ride. We are being manipulated and played by the media (and the political 'system'), and we are gobbling it up like fools, because we're conditioned to the point of addiction to this kind of nonsense.

Sorry, I shouldn't vent this stuff in this thread. I am excited to get into Luke Cage, but I've got to get through season 2 of Daredevil first. It's been a fantastic season (The Punisher has been very well handled, in my opinion), but life's got me chugging through the show at a snail's pace.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I will definitely watch as I think it looks very interesting.

Started Luke Cage the other day because I loved Daredevil and thought Jessica Jones probably had the best bad guy in anything Marvel has done.......but not very impressed so far.
    On episode 6 on Luke Cage. I don't know why I'm still watching. The fight scenes are mediocre, acting is horrible, story line non-existent. Not even close to JJ or DD.

Disappointing!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post
    On episode 6 on Luke Cage. I don't know why I'm still watching. The fight scenes are mediocre, acting is horrible, story line non-existent. Not even close to JJ or DD.

Disappointing!
    Wow, I'm surprised. I haven't seen it yet, but by most critical accounts, it's very solid. Maybe it gets better?

Dobber Sports Sage

I have been watching the IT Crowd on Netflix and it is really funny. It's a British sitcom from about 10 years ago.

I was watching an episode while my wife was asleep besides me and I could literally not stop laughing. I went on IMDB the next day to see what others said about it. People were saying how it was one of the best sitcom episodes they'd ever seen and the how the last 10 minutes of it were absolutely brilliant. I agree. If you are looking for a quirky comedy, check it out.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I have been watching the IT Crowd on Netflix and it is really funny. It's a British sitcom from about 10 years ago.

I was watching an episode while my wife was asleep besides me and I could literally not stop laughing. I went on IMDB the next day to see what others said about it. People were saying how it was one of the best sitcom episodes they'd ever seen and the how the last 10 minutes of it were absolutely brilliant. I agree. If you are looking for a quirky comedy, check it out.
    Oh, that show is so good! I've watched them all, but I could easily watch through that series again.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    It's funny you should mention this. I'm sure you're being very tongue in cheek here, but I have thought for a long time now that this election has been a deliberately orchestrated 'reality show' of sorts. I think the American people, and anyone else who's getting wrapped up in it without stepping back and really paying attention, are getting taken for a ride. We are being manipulated and played by the media (and the political 'system'), and we are gobbling it up like fools, because we're conditioned to the point of addiction to this kind of nonsense.

Sorry, I shouldn't vent this stuff in this thread. I am excited to get into Luke Cage, but I've got to get through season 2 of Daredevil first. It's been a fantastic season (The Punisher has been very well handled, in my opinion), but life's got me chugging through the show at a snail's pace.
    No doubt that there is a reality show feel to it and Trump enforces that. He has been there after all. Yes, people are gobbling it up but i'm not sure how seriously and at the end of the day, the ogre will be fired and Hillary will win this in a landslide. The ride will still be fun to watch in the meantime.

Dobber Sports Icon

Just started season 2 of Mr. Robot - it's good and I love the acting...but really messed up.

Will check out The IT Crowd, sounds like it's getting the seal of approval around here.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin