Page 63 of 240 FirstFirst ... 13 53 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 73 113 163 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Thanks!
    Yeah... wife & I have been struggling a bit for a lighter show with a good balance of female/male characters.
    We both really enjoyed Friday Night Lights for 5 seasons of binge watching a few years ago.
    We haven't found too many lighter shows we both like since then (we did watch Nurse Jackie and Shameless... those are both pretty good.)
    The one season of Freaks & Geeks was a good watch.
    The mom from that show also plays the mom of Hannah on Girls - which is pretty solid husband/wife show to watch. I like seeing the new Darth Vader in Girls... he's wonderful, Adam Driver.
    We watch Goldbergs, Modern Family, Black-ish on Wednesday night. That's our only night of live mainstream TV.
    Well, for what it's worth, I started watching Veronica Mars by myself, then soon had my fiancée and her two roommates into it. It's light, but not too light (everything from missing dogs to rape and murder cases), and there's plenty of wit and truly fantastic characters, once you get to know them. If the high school setting and age range of the main characters don't scare you off, there's a good chance it'll be a nice fit for you and your wife.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Anyone else watching/watched the latest House of Cards season? What happened to this series? It's so dry now, with little to nothing happening from one episode to the next. Last season was just as bad. The acting and production values are still high, but it's getting more difficult to care about this show or its characters.

Glad I've still got Daredevil season 2 waiting for me.
    Enjoy

I have two episodes left still and I'm loving the season. It's been so good so far
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by keytolife View Post
    The orignal is just miles ahead. Do yourself a favor and get the orginal one first. You will be hooked in 2 episodes anway and watch all seasons. It´s awesome.
    Sucks for me cause I can never get into UK shows/movies. Their accent just kills it for me and I don't understand 60% of what they are saying.

Anyone watch Black Sails?

Dobber Sports Sage

Black Sails is quite good. Just finished Season 3 this evening.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Need something new fellas... everything I'm watching (except GOT) is on break... vikings, suits, walking dead, better call saul, etc.

What are you guys watching?!?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Need something new fellas... everything I'm watching (except GOT) is on break... vikings, suits, walking dead, better call saul, etc.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Watching "Broadchurch" now, and it's filling the void nicely. I'm assuming you've already watched all the other top shows too, like House of Cards, yes?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    I'm in the exact same boat as you. Watching "Broadchurch" now, and it's filling the void nicely. I'm assuming you've already watched all the other top shows too, like House of Cards, yes?
    Yup... all caught up on HOC and Broadchurch (both seasons) - great show.

Banned

Haven't read through this thread much to know if it's been mentioned, but I'm half way through season 1 of Narcos and it's pretty good so far.

Dobber Sports Stud

Mad Men and Wire are very similar... both slow burns, but great characters and overarching story lines. The Wire took me a while too. Also didn't help that it was over a decade old by the time I started watching it... but another amazing show.

Sometimes a show just isn't for you, even though everyone else seems to love it.

I have the same kind of relationship with Mr. Robot. I forced myself to watch the entire season because it was universally praised here, but I just wasn't feeling it.
    I'm now halfway through season 2 of Mad Men and I'm hooked. The character development is really deep. Now I'm pounding through episodes. It's really well written.

Thanks

I tried the 100, but it's so weak in character development. Whenever I run out of shows, I go back 10-15 years to find something different. I've watched almost everything good from the last 20 years. What havent you watched from some of the top shows?

14 Team, Keep14 Farm5, 82GP Cap/Position
    Skaters: Points only, Goalies 2ptWin/3ptSO
    Start: 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G
    C- Crosby, Zibanejad, Couturier, Zacha, Frost
    LW- Marchand, Huberdeau, McTavish, Rackell, Kuzmenko
    RW- Konecny, Necas, Caufield, Jarvis, Lafreniere
    D- Hughes, Carlson, Werenski, Chychrun, Andersson, Dobson, Weegar
    G- Andersen, Merzlikins, Daccord, Jones
    Farm- Johnston, Foerster, Tarasov, Hutson, Reinbacher
    Picks-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Americans is one of the best shows on TV. Great mix of action, drama, thriller, and suspense. Good acting and story. Highly recommend it.

Dobber Sports Stud

Stuff I have watched that is good:
    GOT, SOA, Breaking Bad, Saul, Orange/Black, 24, Prison Break, Lost, Heroes, Desperate Houswives, Sopranos, Entourage, Raymond, Grey's, Alias, Scandal, Get away with Murder, Gotham, House, True Detective, Damages, Homeland, Friday night lights, OTH, Gossip Girl, House of Cards, The Killing,

Some of these you have to stop before they suck, lol. But I can recommend all of them depending on your mindset.

I know there are so many that I am forgetting. But these are just off the top of my head.

14 Team, Keep14 Farm5, 82GP Cap/Position
    Skaters: Points only, Goalies 2ptWin/3ptSO
    Start: 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G
    C- Crosby, Zibanejad, Couturier, Zacha, Frost
    LW- Marchand, Huberdeau, McTavish, Rackell, Kuzmenko
    RW- Konecny, Necas, Caufield, Jarvis, Lafreniere
    D- Hughes, Carlson, Werenski, Chychrun, Andersson, Dobson, Weegar
    G- Andersen, Merzlikins, Daccord, Jones
    Farm- Johnston, Foerster, Tarasov, Hutson, Reinbacher
    Picks-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11

Dobber Sports Expert

Did you see season 1 of Mr Robot? I loved it and season 2 should be in the tube sooon.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Guru

I've been really liking Gotham. I was worried it would move too quickly at first, but it's all getting ramped up nicely now.
    Bruce still isn't even thinking about being Batman. It's got a lot of room to grow.

Blacklist is another I've enjoyed. But it got a bit crazy last season. Still liking it -- and I love a show that is willing to...well no spoilers...but it's gutsy.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wife and I just ripped thru Seasons 1 & 2 of The Leftovers (HBO).
    Big thumbs up. Huge hook in very first scene + excellent character acting/casting of some very flawed characters in small New York town.
    Season 2 is actually better than Season 1. (and shifts to small Texas town w/same key character group)
    Season 3 comes out in fall, I believe.

10 episodes, 1hr long, per season.
    So the length of a single season is same as GoT.

I'm not sure anybody has referenced that show in this thread...
    ...I find most of my tastes are inline with what people have recommended, so I'd have to guess a bunch of you would like this.

Dobber Sports Expert

I just finished season 1 of Vinyl. It was good, but I was a little disappointed in it to be honest. I felt it was a little all over the place, and not a good flow of storylines mixing in with each other. I'll watch season 2 when it comes out but I think the show still has room for improvement. Now the struggle to find the next HBO/HBO like show to watch...