Page 60 of 240 FirstFirst ... 10 50 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 70 110 160 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new show...

The Great One

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Aside from the Mr Robot love, I think we might have pretty similar taste. Mr Robot seems like an absolute ripoff of a few other shows/movies (Fight Club being the most obvious), so I couldn't take it seriously (I think I watched 7 or 8 episodes). I've heard that this is intentional and it's an 'homage', but come on.

I have seen all the Sunny episodes at least 5 times, and I don't think there has ever been a funnier show. Though like most shows, it seems to be on a bit of a downward spiral. The current season kinda sucks, and every joke just draws on material from past seasons. Lazy stuff, so maybe it's time this one comes to an end (as hard as it is for me to say that).

Definitely give Louie a try! It's not a 'sitcom' in the traditional sense, and I think it's possibly the most honest show ever made, if that makes any sense.
    Nice! Yea Im trying to stay optimistic with Mr Robot to be honest. The start was so strong- but admittedly such crazy resemblance to fight club (maybe why I like it- lol!). But the story seems to be dragging a bit now and I really hate that I pretty much know the same fight club-esque twist is coming with the main character.

But yea- pretty stoked for Louis- his standup is next level and some pretty high praise on here. I feel like Im the only one on the planet who is enjoying this season of always sunny- lol!! I totally agree the jokes/writing are getting lazy- but I still love it :P

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    The character of Matthew Murdoch has way more substance and depth than Jessican Jones in my opinion.
    Totally disagree. He's a Gary Stu; the "depth" seems to be that he's blind and can apparently do absolutely anything he sets his mind to.

I will go to bat for Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin though. He just kills that role, so good.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    Totally disagree. He's a Gary Stu; the "depth" seems to be that he's blind and can apparently do absolutely anything he sets his mind to.

I will go to bat for Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin though. He just kills that role, so good.
    We definitely have opposite tastes. Kingpin was the one character I didn't like on that show... he was way over the top and cliche in every way imaginable.

Dobber Sports Sage

So my enthusiasm for Daredevil has greatly subsided after the first couple episodes. I absolutely hate Vincent D'Onofrio as Fisk. Either he was terribly miscast or has taken the character in the wrong direction. And this is coming from someone who loved D'Onofrio on Law and Order CI. That is probably my favorite show ever in the 1 hour, crime solving genre. But D'Onofrio as Fisk is all wrong and is nearly ruing the show for me.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    So my enthusiasm for Daredevil has greatly subsided after the first couple episodes. I absolutely hate Vincent D'Onofrio as Fisk. Either he was terribly miscast or has taken the character in the wrong direction. And this is coming from someone who loved D'Onofrio on Law and Order CI. That is probably my favorite show ever in the 1 hour, crime solving genre. But D'Onofrio as Fisk is all wrong and is nearly ruing the show for me.
    Is this available in the US already? Looking forward to checking it out soon. Hope they don't mess up Elektra and The Punisher!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Really surprised by all the Kingpin hate here. I've gone around looking at what the critics were saying out of curiosity, thinking I'm the only one that likes it, but they seem to love what he did with it, too, many calling him the standout of the show. I mean, no he's not the character from the Spiderman cartoons, but now he's actually interesting and nuanced and has some depth. He's no just a big bad rich guy. He's flawed, he's got major social anxiety issues and a raging, violent temper, and a lot of what he's trying to do actually makes some sense.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    Really surprised by all the Kingpin hate here. I've gone around looking at what the critics were saying out of curiosity, thinking I'm the only one that likes it, but they seem to love what he did with it, too, many calling him the standout of the show. I mean, no he's not the character from the Spiderman cartoons, but now he's actually interesting and nuanced and has some depth. He's no just a big bad rich guy. He's flawed, he's got major social anxiety issues and a raging, violent temper, and a lot of what he's trying to do actually makes some sense.
    Not debating the character... it was more how the actor portrayed the character. It just wasn't believable or even credible in my opinion. I personally think he tried too hard and over-acted the role.

Dobber Sports Legend

Anyone watching Vinyl? I dig it.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Anyone watching Vinyl? I dig it.
    I've watched the first two episodes (typically I run about two weeks behind until May comes along). I'm not entirely enthused with it but I'm giving it time.

I'm hoping that it's not Mad Men transported from '60s-era advertising agencies to '70s-era record companies, with guys drinking in their offices updated to doing tons of blow in their offices. We'll have to see.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Is this available in the US already? Looking forward to checking it out soon. Hope they don't mess up Elektra and The Punisher!
    Daredevil has been in the states for awhile- not sure when. Season 2 comes out this Friday.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Superstar

The Americans Season 4 starts up tonight on FX...

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Worthy of mention, in particular, is Ray Romano as one of the main shareholders. He's a surprisingly good actor. Who knew?
    Ya Ray Romano is awesome. Loved him in Eulogy.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Daredevil Season 2 hitting Netflix this Friday! The trailers featuring Punisher and Electra look fantastic so far.

Dobber Sports Expert

No mentioning of "Outsiders" yet. It has a strong Sons of Anarchy feeling to me. Really dig it so far.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Daredevil Season 2 hitting Netflix this Friday! The trailers featuring Punisher and Electra look fantastic so far.
    Check out these awesome trailers.