Page 81 of 240 FirstFirst ... 31 71 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    13 reasons why.

i dont get emotionally attached or even have emotions for TV shows that don't include dogs, but this show is intense. Half the time when i'm watching TV/Netflix/what-have-you i'm on my phone. I actually text them now, "Watching 13RW, can't talk". It's definitely something people should watch.
    Is this the show about teen suicide or something around that?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Is this the show about teen suicide or something around that?
    Yes the pretty controversial one right now.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

anybody watch Gomorrah?

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

13 reasons why got picked up for a second season debuting in 2018, likely May (Mental healthy awareness week) is my guess
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

The Handmaid's Tale

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5834204/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Set in a dystopian future, a woman is forced to live as a concubine under a fundamentalist theocratic dictatorship.
    Watched the first 4 episodes over the weekend with the wife.
    Really well written and paced.
    It's got some pretty good comedic value considering how dark and twisted and can be.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Ninja

Finished The Night Of.... freaking awesome show. 8/10

Started Designated Survivor this weekend... pretty good so far, but like 24/7 I expect it will go downhill as the season wears on.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    The Handmaid's Tale

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5834204/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Watched the first 4 episodes over the weekend with the wife.
    Really well written and paced.
    It's got some pretty good comedic value considering how dark and twisted and can be.

Ha! I'm right there with ya buddy!
    My & the wife are 2.5 episodes in. Pretty good watch.
    Clever concept (Canadian author's book: Atwood).
    I like the dual timelines running forward.

Dobber Sports Genius

Finished Iron Fist. I actually quite enjoyed it, but I fully acknowledge that the lead isn't the greatest actor, and the show is clumsy at times. Still, I'd totally watch future seasons, and I'm definitely interested in The Defenders, once it drops. 7.5/10 for me.

Slowly making my way through Stranger Things. Very good so far (maybe halfway though-ish).

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Finished Iron Fist. I actually quite enjoyed it, but I fully acknowledge that the lead isn't the greatest actor, and the show is clumsy at times. Still, I'd totally watch future seasons, and I'm definitely interested in The Defenders, once it drops. 7.5/10 for me.

Slowly making my way through Stranger Things. Very good so far (maybe halfway though-ish).
    Defenders trailer looks aaaaaaaaaaaaawesome! Iron Fist though....ugh I just found it so hard to get through! Didn't care about the characters or the story. And when a show like Daredevil goes through a couple bad episodes in their long Netflix 13 episode arc.....at least that has amazing fighting! Iron Fist fighting was not great,

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Defenders trailer looks aaaaaaaaaaaaawesome! Iron Fist though....ugh I just found it so hard to get through! Didn't care about the characters or the story. And when a show like Daredevil goes through a couple bad episodes in their long Netflix 13 episode arc.....at least that has amazing fighting! Iron Fist fighting was not great,
    I hear ya. I really, really like Iron Fist to begin with, though, and I actually liked the brother and sister characters and their storyline in the show. The plot-line with the dad was compelling for me. I thought a lot of the fighting was pretty decent. The show in that series that hasn't grabbed me is Luke Cage, but I admittedly haven't given it much of a chance yet, having only watched one episode so far.

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm halfway through season two of Sense8 - godDAM I love this show.

I don't think I've ever really cared about a show's characters like I do with this one...hard to describe but for those that get this show it's incredibly powerful.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    I hear ya. I really, really like Iron Fist to begin with, though, and I actually liked the brother and sister characters and their storyline in the show. The plot-line with the dad was compelling for me. I thought a lot of the fighting was pretty decent. The show in that series that hasn't grabbed me is Luke Cage, but I admittedly haven't given it much of a chance yet, having only watched one episode so far.
    Very true. The brother and sister was probably the most interesting dynamic in the show.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Somehow I let my wife bully me into HBO (during playoffs!).

We just finished 13 Reasons Why (Netflix).
    If you like teenager/high school drama, I do, this is a good show. 4/5 stars.
    It was originally a book. Topic is suicide... and how/why a person (one of two main characters) ended up there.
    We ended up power-watching all 13 episodes (1hr length) in a week.
    Its worth a one-show watch because a viewer will know after first episode if they Love It... or Hate It.
    [If anybody has seen "Paper Towns" (movie) - and liked that - then they will surely like this. If they hated that, they'll hate this.
    I actually speculate that Netflix developed the series in response to online viewership of Paper Towns.]

Currently (in btw hockey), I/we are watching final season of Girls, and staying current with Leftovers (Final Season 3) and Silicon Valley.
    Night Of and Westworld will also be watched quickly as I'm a cheap bastard and plan to get everything out of HBO in 2 months of viewing ($30).
    Yes 13RW is not too bad at all. Just one episode in and it reeled me in fairly quick. One of my 15 year old female students made an attempt at suicide a month back. Pretty girl like the one in the show and academically capable. You wouldn't have known anything was wrong with her. She's making an attempt at getting back at her studies but it's been a challenge. Glad she's still with us. I hope I never have to deal with the aftermath of one of my students taking their life. Our school board even sent letters home condemning the show as one that glorifies suicide and encouraged students not to watch it. I've been told a lot of students know of it and have viewed it.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Yes 13RW is not too bad at all. Just one episode in and it reeled me in fairly quick. One of my 15 year old female students made an attempt at suicide a month back. Pretty girl like the one in the show and academically capable. You wouldn't have known anything was wrong with her. She's making an attempt at getting back at her studies but it's been a challenge. Glad she's still with us. I hope I never have to deal with the aftermath of one of my students taking their life. Our school board even sent letters home condemning the show as one that glorifies suicide and encouraged students not to watch it. I've been told a lot of students know of it and have viewed it.
    There was an article in an Aussie paper today claiming that this show inspired two suicide attempts recently. Glamorizing self-harm, etc, etc. I haven't seen it, but they are calling for it to be banned in Aussie.

Dobber Sports Sage

Catastrophe on Amazon is very good. I watched season 1 in one night. Upbeat, R-rated, romcom, sitcom. My wife enjoys it too.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov