Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Claude ****ing Julien...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Claude ****ing Julien...

Julien's erratic starting goalie decisions are killing me!!!

Rask shuts out the Panthers on Sunday... and as a reward he gets to ride the pine tonight despite the team having days off yesterday and tomorrow.

Rask has only played 32 games this year... far less than many other of the elite goalies who are above or hovering at the 40 game mark, so the need for rest in an already shortened season doesn't make sense.

Not to mention the fact that Julien's the only coach in the league who continues to keep his goalie starts secret until the last possible moment which is super annoying and unnecessary.

I'm never drafting a goalie on a Julien-coached team again... go **** yourself Julien!

Dobber Sports Stud

Same scenario! F@ck!

Now we hope that Giroux gets 3 quick points in the first period. Khudo gets yanked and Rask to start the 2nd period...leads BOS to a comeback win 4-3!!

P.S. one of my predictions today is bound to happen..
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by pretsel27 View Post
    Same scenario! F@ck!

Now we hope that Giroux gets 3 quick points in the first period. Khudo gets yanked and Rask to start the 2nd period...leads BOS to a comeback win 4-3!!

Ditto... now that Rask is out I guess the silver lining is that I'm no longer conflicted and hope Giroux/Voreck rip the B's to shreds and combine for 6+ points.

Dobber Sports Guru

Claude Julien thinks you're embellishing your posts. :-)

On the flip side, it's one of the reasons I like guys like Price over Rask. You k ow Price will get 70 starts a season. Rask might get to 60 in a good year.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Claude Julien thinks you're embellishing your posts. :-)
    Hehehe

It sucks from a fantasy hockey standpoint, but it works great in real life. Your goalies are both motivated and in game shape. You have a guy that is ready to step in on any given night and give your team a chance to win. Most importantly, you give a young goalie like Rask that extra relief that ''not everything needs to fall on his shoulders''.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

Julien claims he did more than enough for fantasy owners by putting Lucic back in the lineup.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

I like it.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Most importantly, you give a young goalie like Rask that extra relief that ''not everything needs to fall on his shoulders''.
    I'm not completely convinced I buy this. For some goalies yeah, you don't want to wear them out playing them 70+ games in a season. Having said that, most goalies prefer playing "consistently" in order to establish a rhythm. This to me is the difference between managing your G for a 55/27 split or a 65/17 split. Some goalies aren't super confident and need the consolation of someone carrying 27+ starts for them. I just don't get the sense Rask is one of those goalies.

Too many times this year Rask has been sub-par on a night when BOS scores 4 goales...and loses. A fair number of times Rask has been excellent [allowing 2 or less goals] and BOS doesn't show up in front of him and he's a hard luck 2-1 loser. BOS loses a 3-2 game on Saturday to PIT and I thought for sure Julien would sit him AGAIN on Sunday, but he went right back to him and what do you know...Shut-Out!

I'm a NUCKS fan and watching Schneider struggle to find his game earlier this season and when a goalie is struggling sometimes they need to sit. Sometimes the best remedy are a few extra starts to get the rhythm and timing.

Time will tell, but I agree Julien is micro-managing Rask and I don't believe it's necessary.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This is Juliens style. I own Rask and while it blows I didnt get the 40 starts I was hoping for he has been stellar all year and a potential Vezina winner IMO. But I totally get why people are pissed, as a Bruins fan, I hate Juliens style as a coach too.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I'ts High time for a rule change, to make teams declare their starting goalies in advance sorta like MLB declares starting pichers, Ryder cup declares line up etc
    Write your MP.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's been driving me nuts all season. That being said, It actually worked for me last Sunday.
    Due to the postponements of the Bruins' games, I only had two goalie starts (when I needed three) and had Rask and an injured Fasth for the last day. I figured since Rask played Saturday he would get Sunday off (as he's never played in back-to-back nights all season). But apparently since he was pissed at himself after his performance, he was given Sunday's game to get it outta his system.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm with ya man - I have Rask and Fleury and the inconsistency between starts has been driving me nuts all (shortened) year.
    9 team points only keeper, no position. Count top 12 skaters and 1 goalie. Keep 16

S: Crosby, Vanek, Pavelski, St Louis, Thornton, Marleau, Karlsson, Letang, Iginla, Elias, Simmonds, Atkinson, Marchand, Lindholm, Hornqvist, Wilson, Pietrangelo

G: Rask, Schneider, Bishop

8 team Yahoo H2H - Keep 17: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,+/-, PIM,Hits,S,FW...W,L,GAA,SV%,S/O

C: Giroux (C,RW), Seguin (C,LW), Benn (C,LW), Johansen (C, RW), Filpulla (C, LW) Kopitar, Bozak, Bjustad, Monahan
    W: E. Kane, Kunitz, Palat, Tarasenko, Saad, Komorov
    D: Hedman, Franson, Trouba, Reilly, Letang, Brodie, Vatanen
    G: Rask, Lundqvist, Andersen
    P: Gibson, Allen, Klingberg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The solution:

1. Own both Rask and Khudobin (and get Svedberg for next year)
    2. Buy an iPhone and pay the $4/year for LeftWingLock starting goalie push notifications.

Disclaimers:
    1. Won't work in weekly start leagues
    2. Won't work if you own only one Boston goalie
    3. Won't work if you have better things to do between 6:30 and 7:00 pm ET.

See? Easy, right?
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by pretsel27 View Post
    Same scenario! F@ck!

Good call buddy!

Khudo lets in 3 goals on 17 shots and Rask is now IN.

That's what you get for being a douchebag Julien... suck it!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Good call buddy!

Khudo lets in 3 goals on 17 shots and Rask is now IN.

That's what you get for being a douchebag Julien... suck it!
    I guess now we are both cheering for the Bruins (Rask) and no points from Giroux!! 1 out of 2 aint bad..now we hope for a comeback. Bruins' seem flat tho, damn..
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}