Thread: Draft Help

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Draft Help

Hello everybody,

i am new to this Site, but heard a lot of great stuff about it.

I am playing in a 14 team full keeper Dynasty League.

Our regular season just ended and i now hold the 3rd, and 4th overall selection for the upcoming minor league draft. i also own another late first round pick, + a mid 2nd round pick.

Assuming MacKinnon and Drouin will be gone after the first 2 picks, who would you guys target?

Would you pick Nichushkin over Jones? i am pretty sure i am going to pick Barkov with my 3rd overall Pick, so my real question is, who to target 4th overall and i would also appreciate your guys opinion on who to target with the late first rounder 12th - 14th overall.

thank you very much. Every Input is appreciated.
    C: Nuge, Tavares, Staal
    RW: Wheeler, Kane, Setoguchi
    LW: Lupul, Ennis, Perron
    D: Doughty, Carlson, Fowler, Whitney
    G: Smith, Hiller, Gustavsson

Farm: D. Hamilton, Armia, J. Campbell

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by MeThOd View Post
    Hello everybody,

i am new to this Site, but heard a lot of great stuff about it.

I am playing in a 14 team full keeper Dynasty League.

Our regular season just ended and i now hold the 3rd, and 4th overall selection for the upcoming minor league draft. i also own another late first round pick, + a mid 2nd round pick.

Assuming MacKinnon and Drouin will be gone after the first 2 picks, who would you guys target?

Would you pick Nichushkin over Jones? i am pretty sure i am going to pick Barkov with my 3rd overall Pick, so my real question is, who to target 4th overall and i would also appreciate your guys opinion on who to target with the late first rounder 12th - 14th overall.

thank you very much. Every Input is appreciated.
    Welcome to the boards!

My ranking would be:

Jones
    Barkov
    Nichushkin

I know its risky to take a D, but Jones really looks like he's going to be an amazing player. I had my doubts about Erik Johnson (and still do), but its hard to doubt this kid.
    Last edited by dmvincent; April 8, 2013 at 8:19 PM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Pro

in your farm for D you have D. Hamilton

for F you have Granlund, Etem, Teravainen, Armia

for Goalie you have J. Campbell, K. Ramo

i think you are well set for future

I would grab Jones for sure since you only have Hamilton as prospect and Bogosian is not giving you anything in term of points and Jones could replace Whitney one day

than I would grab Barkov to upgrade a nice farm already.

i would grab another foawrd with my late 1st round pick except if a real nice D is still there and you cant pass

So I'm going like dmvincent in this one.
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Barkov is definitely the right pick, and at 4 after picking a forward and only having one prospect D I would go with Jones. If you want a forward instead of Jones, I would take Lindholm over Nichuskin.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Sage

Jones at 4 is the way to go then target Artturi Lehkonen with your late first. He is one of the most gifted offensive players in the draft. If you go with Lindholm at 4 then I would target one of the other 2 offensive D men with my late first. Ristolainen or Morrissey
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Welcome aboard!

First of all, I think that this thread might be better in the prospects forum, but I'll go anyway. I don't know if your league values D or not, but...

For your 3-4, I think that you should go Jones-Barkov.

12-14: anyone of the big names that might slip a bit: Monahan, Nichushkin (Russian factor), Shinkaruk, ...

I would also think D with Pulock, Ristolainen, ...

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would go with Barkov and Jones.

With your late 1st rounder I would target Domi, Petan, Mantha, Pulock, Ristolainen or Lehkonen.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

You should definitely target Barkov with one of those early picks, with the other pick iŽd take the best player available approach, and at that point that will most likely be Jones. I doubt that Jones goes top 2 in a lot of fantasy leagues, but if you can get him at 4th, go ahead and do that. Other candidates for the 4th overall would be Lindholm, Nichushkin and maybe even Monahan.

Anyway, IŽd take Jones and Barkov, and would target Petan, Lehkonen, Ristolainen or even Fucale if still available with your late first.