Thread: Pick Up Clowe for LW this Week?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Pick Up Clowe for LW this Week?

I'm barely leading in PIMs halfway through this 2-week H2H playoff round, and I'm behind 5-3-1 overall.

I am planning on starting Dupuis and Tlusty at LW. Dupuis still seems to be producing sans Crosby, and plays the defensively weak Hurricanes, Lightning, and Panthers. Tlusty has 4 games, though two are against Boston.

I cut ties earlier in the season with Clowe, but it looks like he's getting good ice time and linemates in New York. Is he worth a pick-up? Should he start over either of the above?

I also have a utility spot, Presumably for one of my RW this week.

On the Rangers' schedule, there are 2 games against Toronto, the most penalized team in the league and home of Colton Orr and Mark Fraser. I don't know if Clowe has any history with either of those two, but if so that would be an extra incentive to grab him.

Thanks in advance for your insights!
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

I should add that I am so far behind in +/- that it should not factor into the analysis at all. I am well ahead in goals, well behind in assists, and the other three skater cats are close.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones