Thread: Re-pickup Tlusty?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re-pickup Tlusty?

I dropped Tlusty out of frustration of his recent performance. I did it the morning of his hat-trick day (so still got the points), and now he has cleared waivers. I dropped him for Stepan, who is much more consistent. After that hat-trick, is this possibly a sign of him exploding again and worth a re-add? And if so, who would you drop? I want to keep Stepan for his consistency, for fantasy playoffs.

I'm thinking Steen might be the one to drop. He just isn't performing at that point-per-game pace he was at before getting injured. I just added Brouwer, have only had him for one game (where he put up a big fat zero) but would like to keep him in for at least another before deciding to cut ties.

ALSO, Clowe is still available - would you add Clowe over Tlusty and take the gamble that this is the start of his hot streak?
    10 person H2H redraft league
    C,C: Backstrom, Nugent-Hopkins, Stepan
    W,W,W,W: Zetterberg (C,W) Gaborik, Hartnell, Clarkson, Benn (C,W), Steen (C,W), Brouwer
    D,D,D,D: Chara, Timonen, Beauchemin
    G,G: Howard, Fleury, Hiller
    IR: Letang

Scoring:
    G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PIM:0.5 PPP:1 SHP:1 SOG:0.4
    W:4 GA:-1 SV:0.2 SHO:2

Dobber Sports Pro

I said this on another Tlustry thread last week: keep him but be prepared to ride him through the dry spells. He's streaky but I think he's arrived as a 60-point player. He has not been playing with E. Staal as much lately but his shots were still up and he's getting PP time. Look at him as a long term stock buy - day traders will get killed trying to time Tlusty.