Thread: Kari Ramo Starter next year?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Kari Ramo Starter next year?

So all year I have heard about how much the flames love Ramo and how he is the goalie of the future. His numbers in the KHL are really good IMO and he does look to have some upside. Now with Kipper announcing that he is retiring after this year does that open the door for Ramo to come in and start or where is that going? If anyone has some insight that would be awesome
    10 Team Roto League; 20 Keepers;
    Start 3C,3LW,3RW,1U,5D,2G

Stats: G,A,Pts,PPG,PPA,Pims,+/- W,Sv%,Sv
    C: Tavares Thorton H. Sedin
    LW: Moulson Clowe D. Sedin Whitney
    RW: Hossa Gaborik Pomminville Pavelski Purcell Heatley
    D: Bieska Boyle
    G: Smith Nabobov Bishop Lindback Ramo Luongo

12 teams 12 keepers
    Points Only

F: Spezza, Brown, Lecavalier, Horton, Elias, Weiss, Desharnais,
    D: Whitney, Zidlicky, Brodin
    G: Smith, Schnieder
    Farm: Justin Faulk, Ryan Ellis, Krill Kabanov

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KoHolga View Post
    So all year I have heard about how much the flames love Ramo and how he is the goalie of the future. His numbers in the KHL are really good IMO and he does look to have some upside. Now with Kipper announcing that he is retiring after this year does that open the door for Ramo to come in and start or where is that going? If anyone has some insight that would be awesome
    That is what I would assume will happen. The Flames seem to be enamoured with Rammo so I expect them to give him first shot at the #1 job.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Probably gonna be a camp competition between Ramo and Berra, if they can get Berra over to North America. Per Jay Feaster a couple days ago, after the Bouwmeester trade, Flames management/scouting believes that Ramo and Berra are the two best goalies not currently playing in the NHL. Their scouts are basically split down the middle on which one is better. I would compare it to what will happen in Tampa next year, with no clear number 1 between Bishop and Lindback. Only difference will be the size of goalies lol.

Administrator

I would be careful about putting too much hope on Ramo. He will be given a chance but nothing is guaranteed. I think at best he gets a platoon situation with a vet free agent.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I would be careful about putting too much hope on Ramo. He will be given a chance but nothing is guaranteed. I think at best he gets a platoon situation with a vet free agent.
    Yeah this is what i really think will happen... I think berra will go to the AHL to get more accustom to the NHL or North America since Ramo has played here before for a few years
    10 Team Roto League; 20 Keepers;
    Start 3C,3LW,3RW,1U,5D,2G

Stats: G,A,Pts,PPG,PPA,Pims,+/- W,Sv%,Sv
    C: Tavares Thorton H. Sedin
    LW: Moulson Clowe D. Sedin Whitney
    RW: Hossa Gaborik Pomminville Pavelski Purcell Heatley
    D: Bieska Boyle
    G: Smith Nabobov Bishop Lindback Ramo Luongo

12 teams 12 keepers
    Points Only

F: Spezza, Brown, Lecavalier, Horton, Elias, Weiss, Desharnais,
    D: Whitney, Zidlicky, Brodin
    G: Smith, Schnieder
    Farm: Justin Faulk, Ryan Ellis, Krill Kabanov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Two really good posts above me. My point is that we don't know what'll happen with Kipper as of yet. It's certainly possible he stays around for another year and gums up the works. Ramo has potential but is guaranteed nothing as of yet.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Pro

A bit off topic but I'm sick of watching the Flames go off the radar. It's like they think they're smarter than everyone else and yet their track record says otherwise. Hard to repeat the glory days when they used to find guys like Otto and Suter as FAs or late round picks.