Thread: Trade involving Markov

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Trade involving Markov

League in my sig. Gardiner getting scratched and Orlov sent down has crippled my D. In contention and trying to catch first (within reach if I'm smart about moves and have a bit of luck).

With Halak getting injured I sent some emails out trying to swap him for a dman - one of the guys I sent to has Markov. He responded with Halak and either Galchenyuk or Johansson for Markov and X (he didn't identify X). Between Galchenyuk and Johansson, I think I'd keep Galchenyuk even though I'm sure Johansson will out-point him by a fair margin by end of the year.

Anyway, he's got a few candidates for X that I might consider, guys like Marcus Foligno, Andrew Shaw, Zucker.

Would appreciate peoples' views. Am I stupid to consider Markov because of his recent injury history? Am I stupid to not do this because he's a top dman (when healthy) and Halak is also injury-prone? Would Shaw be a fair X? Any input would be appreciated.

I could also offer him a 2014 draft pick with Halak for Markov - the draft pick would likely be between 5th and 10th overall in next year's entry draft (it would be whoever is actually taken in that spot in the NHL entry draft - we don't do a draft in our pool). That would allow me to keep Johansson.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Stud

Anyone have any advice about the relative merits of Halak vs. Markov (assuming it will take a bit more than Halak to acquire Markov)?
    pool points:
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev

Dobber Sports Stud

Had to fly solo on this one and pulled the trigger. Gave Halak and a 2014 entry pick (which will likely be around 10th overall - whoever is taken in actual NHL in that spot) for Markov.
    pool points:
    extra points for PPP