Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Benn for Lupul

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Benn for Lupul

Basically looking to maximize production for my cup run but also looking to be able to 'resell' for picks in the offseason. Would you move Benn for Lupul?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Superstar

That's a tough one. I feel Lupul will perform better for your cup run, but I like Benn better as the long-term keeper. If you feel Lupul secures you that win, I think you have to do it.

Who knows, if Lupul can stay healthy, it might be a good move long-term as well. The Leafs are building a contender, while it looks like Dallas is taking a small step back.

Dobber Sports Icon

i own Lupul and right now Benn alone would not get the deal done...hes absolute magic with NK right now, and i dont see any signs of a slowdown.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Expert

No way would i do that. I´d keep Benn even with somebody holding a gun to my head. Lupul is on a very hot streak, but he will be injured again pretty soon.

Right now is a typical sell high situation for all Lupul owners. Don´t be the one who feels bad in a few weeks.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'd much rather have Benn than Lupul long-term. Maybe if I was making some short-term move I could think about it but even then I'm not sure. Let's not get carried away here: Lupul has had a hot streak, that's all, he's not a 100-point player. The streak will end. You can also pretty much expect him to get injured every season. Benn has some injury concerns too but not nearly to the degree Lupul has.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Do it Smokey - sounds like you are selling on Benn anyway - take the hot stick, win the league and get a good return on Lupul - folks make way too much of his injury proneness because of that long layoff due to a freak infection. He is a horse.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    folks make way too much of his injury proneness because of that long layoff due to a freak infection.
    What about the shoulder injury last season that made him miss 15 games? What about the arm injury this year? Seems like there is something every year with Lupul. Plus there is no way he maintains his current scoring pace. 120 point pace or something crazy like that. He'll cool off.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    What about the shoulder injury last season that made him miss 15 games? What about the arm injury this year? Seems like there is something every year with Lupul. Plus there is no way he maintains his current scoring pace. 120 point pace or something crazy like that. He'll cool off.
    Yeah and Benn plays all the games. I am not saying Lupul doesn't get injured but to say he is more injury prone than Benn is not a great call - he missed a lot due to that infection that folks contribute alot of BAB status to for him.

You're right Vincent - I don't see Lupul maintaining this pace - I bet he settles back to a point per game, similar to last year over what 65 or 66 games?.

Dobber Sports Expert

Which was the only season in his career he was a point per game player, he never showed that level over a full season and one reason is that he never played 82 games in his NHL career. He managed to play 81 in 2 out of 8 seasons and he had 53 and 28 points in these seasons.

So i think Benn should still be considered more durable and he´s more likely a point per game player.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    That's a tough one. I feel Lupul will perform better for your cup run, but I like Benn better as the long-term keeper. If you feel Lupul secures you that win, I think you have to do it.
    That's all you need to read.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Come on guys - look at Smokie's post - this isn't about who will be the best keeper - he can take Lupul milk him for what 10-12 games and then keep someone like Getzlaf or Hall.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yeah and Benn plays all the games. I am not saying Lupul doesn't get injured but to say he is more injury prone than Benn is not a great call - he missed a lot due to that infection that folks contribute alot of BAB status to for him.

You're right Vincent - I don't see Lupul maintaining this pace - I bet he settles back to a point per game, similar to last year over what 65 or 66 games?.
    Well, I guess we see Lupul differently. I think his settling back to a PPG pace means there's gonna be some regression since he's already way over that pace. But it's a small number of games remaining so he _could_ continue to produce. However, I don't think that Lupul out-performng Benn for the remainder of this year is a cinch. I think both might hover around PPG.

Dobber Sports Icon

Come on guys - look at Smokie's post - this isn't about who will be the best keeper - he can take Lupul milk him for what 10-12 games and then keep someone like Getzlaf or Hall.
    ^^^this is the answer to the OP, right now Lupul is crushing Benn all ways from Sunday...
    ESPN Roto 10 team

IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm thinking of making a trade for lupul as well and have looked at it from a few angles.

his shooting % right now is about 200% his normal (15 to 30) but even then, his last few years has been pretty much a ppg, so even if he regresses, he is an elite player.

my position is for thornton/lupul and I really can't decide who is better for the next few weeks. if lupul maintains pace, then its easy. if he doesn't, will he produce as much as jumbo joe will? for keeper its close to a no brainer for me as thornton has one year left on his contract and he is (slowly) declining. I'll prob try to get a draft pick or something else for my playoff push but still.
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ntrspctv View Post
    I'm thinking of making a trade for lupul as well and have looked at it from a few angles.

his shooting % right now is about 200% his normal (15 to 30) but even then, his last few years has been pretty much a ppg, so even if he regresses, he is an elite player.

my position is for thornton/lupul and I really can't decide who is better for the next few weeks. if lupul maintains pace, then its easy. if he doesn't, will he produce as much as jumbo joe will? for keeper its close to a no brainer for me as thornton has one year left on his contract and he is (slowly) declining. I'll prob try to get a draft pick or something else for my playoff push but still.
    btwn Joe and Lupul..give me lupul for the rest of the way
    ESPN Roto 10 team

IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)