Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Iggy Scratched

The Great One

If your Calgary and Boston is willing to pay for Iggy, the deal starts with Spooner and a first....anything less shouldn't even be considered

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    If your Calgary and Boston is willing to pay for Iggy, the deal starts with Spooner and a first....anything less shouldn't even be considered
    I disagree. At some point, you have to trade Iggy. You can't just let him go to free agency and get nothing in return.

Obviously, you want to get Spooner or Caron or Hamilton or Subban, but if the B's are not willing to go there and there's no better offer from other teams, you need to take the best offer from the Bruins.

Otherwise, it's just nothing for Iginla.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Flames are a joke, imagine if they FINALLY pack it in and trade a bunch of those awful contracts they signed. Iginla and Kiprusoff have kept the Flames respectable over the years, otherwise they're are a complete failure.

Boston walks away with a hell of a deal, Iggy has a few good years left and moves into a great lineup. Bartkowski blows, I heard Button talking about him by saying he has as much potential as Joe Morrow. Then shortly after that he said he compares him to Chris Butler...lol.
    Last edited by dmvincent; March 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    What about LA or Chicago? They have decent prospects that should be appealing to the Flames.
    I just don't think they are serious options. Seems to me like they don't want him all that badly. Although that's just based on the fact we aren't hearing any rumours about them.

LA doesn't have the first rounder to offer and my guess is they don't want to pillage the farm a second straight year for a rental even if it means passing on another run to the Cup. They know they can win with the group they have and you'd have to think if they want any pieces it's help on D where they've had injuries.

Chicago doesn't really look like a fit to me because they don't have much room in the top six for wingers when they get healthy. Iginla would be a great third liner but I think Chicago is saving their ammo for a second line center.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Banned

not much difference between Spooner and Khok.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    I disagree. At some point, you have to trade Iggy. You can't just let him go to free agency and get nothing in return.

Obviously, you want to get Spooner or Caron or Hamilton or Subban, but if the B's are not willing to go there and there's no better offer from other teams, you need to take the best offer from the Bruins.

Otherwise, it's just nothing for Iginla.
    If you are the Flames you have to draw that line in the sand though. Demand a top guy or don't move Iginla and try to prey on Boston's desperation to win ante up in the arms race Pittsburgh has started.

I'd honestly rather hold my ground and keep my pride and get nothing for Iginla than get the return that's on the table. I don't know if either of the mentioned prospects are even going to be NHLers.

If I'm Feaster I'm demanding a blue chip in return because I probably lose my job if I don't get one. I mean, if he takes this deal he's got to hit a home run with the Bruins' pick, which will be in the 20-30 range. Picks at that range have like a 50-50 shot of even being NHLers let alone impact players. So if he accepts less than a blue chip he's gonna lose his job because the team doesn't really get better with this deal and if he can't close a deal then he let's Iginla go for nothing then he's really no worse off.

Edit: It's all moot now since apparently the trade is official.
    Last edited by metaldude26; March 28, 2013 at 12:27 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    not much difference between Spooner and Khok.
    Disagree.

I've seen koko play many times live in Windsor...he's not as talented or as developed as Spooner is in my opinion. Not to mention he's Russian.

And I find it hard to believe that no one would have offered more than this. A late first rounder this year (which would have been a staple in any trade) plus a b level prospect, and a potential third pairing defender?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    If you are the Flames you have to draw that line in the sand though. Demand a top guy or don't move Iginla and try to prey on Boston's desperation to win ante up in the arms race Pittsburgh has started.

I'd honestly rather hold my ground and keep my pride and get nothing for Iginla than get the return that's on the table. I don't know if either of the mentioned prospects are even going to be NHLers.

If I'm Feaster I'm demanding a blue chip in return because I probably lose my job if I don't get one. I mean, if he takes this deal he's got to hit a home run with the Bruins' pick, which will be in the 20-30 range. Picks at that range have like a 50-50 shot of even being NHLers let alone impact players. So if he accepts less than a blue chip he's gonna lose his job because the team doesn't really get better with this deal and if he can't close a deal then he let's Iginla go for nothing then he's really no worse off.

Edit: It's all moot now since apparently the trade is official.
    And I agree with this also.

Pathetic.