Thread: Golf

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Golf

Love him or hate him - when Tiger goes low on the weekend, I am a rapt golf fan for that time.

You know there is something in the heads of the very best in their sports that is undefinable - Dats and his puck control, Jordan in the air, Messi with his foot - I believe they conceive of things to do on the fly that no other in their sport can get to. It's really magical to watch sometimes.

Administrator

Tiger in a major is the only thing that can make me watch golf.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Golf is my love!!
    Kansas City Scouts
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 68Cap Use Cap Hit
    F- Hall PKane Gaudreu Lindholm Toffoli Tatar DSedin HSedin Monahan Nash Couture Schfiele Burakovsky Kucherov
    D-Shultz Gelinas Savard BSmith
    G-Price Rinne
    FARM- Barkov Prince RMurphy

New York Raiders
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 64.3Cap Use Yearly Salary
    F-Backstrom Hall Stamkos Stastny Eller Zetterberg Galchenyuk holland Raymond Griffith Zibinajead Barkov Kuznetsov Sheahan Schfiele
    D-Shultz Faulk Franson Hunwick
    G-Price
    FARM- Marcantouni Dansk Grigerenko Morrisey

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Tiger in a major is the only thing that can make me watch golf.
    Understand completely - for me I got to be a pretty low handicapper at one time and I think I appreciate the intricacies of the game or the exacting challenge to be so good and so I really do like watching the game when I can - doesn't happen much here in Korea as I don't own a TV and not bothered to tune in through the net except for the majors- but yeah, Tiger in the hunt on a Sunday does crank me up.

The Great One

Tiger may not be a good father or husband, but he is one heck of an amazing golfer. I don't much care what goes on in his personal life. When he is on his game, he is entertaining and truly transcends the game. I don't have to like Tiger the person to appreciate his ability to play golf. As an avid golfer, I know how hard it is to do the things he does. What I can't fathom is how he is able to do it under so much pressure. If I have someone watching me hit my first shot off the tee box on the first hole, I can hardly concentrate and almost inevitably hit a poor shot.

I don’t get to watch much golf, but there are few things I enjoy watching on TV as much as Tiger in contention on a Sunday afternoon.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I don't remember the details exactly but it was the last hole of a major with Tiger in the lead by one, his challenger (Brian May maybe) on the green safely and Tiger in a little trouble. He nailed the shot and won. After it was over and I think it was May was asked about the shot Tiger made. He said something to the effect that "oh, I think most of us could make that shot, but no one but Tiger could conceive of it. It just isn't going to happen, unless it's him."