Thread: Kunitz

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Kunitz

Thinking of acquiring him, but without going into the specifics of the trade, I just wanted to get some reaction on whether Kunitz will keep up the production for the remaining 16 games? Even if he declines his pace a bit, he'd still be worth the trade.

My big worry is Pitts goes and gets a big time W for the run and he is dropped to PP2. That is a lot of points that disappears. Does Kunitz continue?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Trying to acquire a player having a career year sitting in second place in scoring probably isn't a great idea this late into the season. The people who own him are probably going to want a top notch goaltender or some ridiculous forwards that just aren't worth giving up. I think at this point most Kunitz owners are just going to want to ride him out, and prospective buyers don't wan't to give up that much for such a small name.

That being said the only way I could potentially see Kunitz getting kicked off the pp is if the Penguins signed someone to the degree of Iginla. Even then, if Malkin keeps missing games Kunitz's value would become even more ridiculous.
    18 team ESPN h2h league
    categories: g, a, +/-, pim, sog, ppp, hits, blk
    w, so, gaa, sv%
    5F, 3D, 1 Util, 3 bench,

Tavares, Duchene, Backes, Michalek, Simmonds, Filppula, Conacher, Silfverberg

Chara, Edler, Girardi

Quick
    Thomas

Dobber Sports All-Star

I don't care who they bring in, there is no way they are going to split up the top 2 scorers in the league. Period. Chemistry is sweet and they have the perfect formula.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by laurier51 View Post
    Trying to acquire a player having a career year sitting in second place in scoring probably isn't a great idea this late into the season. The people who own him are probably going to want a top notch goaltender or some ridiculous forwards that just aren't worth giving up. I think at this point most Kunitz owners are just going to want to ride him out, and prospective buyers don't wan't to give up that much for such a small name.

That being said the only way I could potentially see Kunitz getting kicked off the pp is if the Penguins signed someone to the degree of Iginla. Even then, if Malkin keeps missing games Kunitz's value would become even more ridiculous.
    I have an embarressment of riches. I have Byf, Schattenkirk, Subban, Doughty to name a few. I can only keep 1. My frwds are stacked....Perry, Marchand, Benn, Kopitar, Seguin, (can only keep 3). Buddy wants Schatt or Benn for Kunitz. Only thing is D WW is thin.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think id do shat for kunitz regardless of how thin the ww is .
    18 team ESPN h2h league
    categories: g, a, +/-, pim, sog, ppp, hits, blk
    w, so, gaa, sv%
    5F, 3D, 1 Util, 3 bench,

Tavares, Duchene, Backes, Michalek, Simmonds, Filppula, Conacher, Silfverberg

Chara, Edler, Girardi

Quick
    Thomas