Thread: 3 Year Crystal Ball - Yak or Toes?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default 3 Year Crystal Ball - Yak or Toes?

Whos is the man to own three years from now: Yakupov or Teows.

Too many stars in Edmonton? Yakupov a bust or the real deal?

As always, appreciated. Virtual high-five to all those who reply (and if you teach me how to give "reps", I will indulge!)

Take care,
    P.

Dobber Sports Giant

Hey Paul, welcome to the boards!

To answer your question about Yakupov or Toews, if we are talking about a points-only league, I think I would have to go with Yakupov. I think Toews is more of a 70 point player, able to put up good stats across the board (FOW, +-, SHP...). Yakupov is a great rookie and he will continue to develop, quickly. I can see him hitting 55-60pts next year and 70+ in 2014-15 and on.

There was a good article on Dobber about Toews and other young stars hitting their peak earlier than later. Could be a good read (I will try to find you the link and post it back here).

As for REP, it is a form a virtual ''Thanks'' and/or ''Kudos'' that you can hand out to different members in relation to their posts. All you have to do is click on the little scale icon at the top right of a specific answer and select ''approve'' (gives REP) or ''dissaprove'' and give a brief reason if possible in the box below.

This is a great community so if you have any questions, feel free to ask any of us. Happy to have you on board!

EDIT: here is the link
    http://hockey.dobbersports.com/index...urt&Itemid=117
    Last edited by Bass56; March 21, 2013 at 4:05 PM.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay