Thread: Drew Pomeranz

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Drew Pomeranz

Anyone have any info on this prospect? He's listed in Dobber's guide in the top 10 but does not have a write up included.

Any reason why he's so highly ranked by DobberBaseball and not even in Schmidt's top 50?

Cheers,

Blueman

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Big lefty, power pitcher, great movement on his fastball that tops out in the mid 90's, relies a bit too much on his curve that needs refining. Secondary pitches still developing. Mired with inconsistent control but that's expected from a youngster with limited MLB experience. Colorado air seems to cut out some of his fastball movement too.

Has future ace potential, intimidating mound presence.
    Someone to keep on eye on going into next season, not sure he'll be worth a look this year although he may have a couple breakout games late in the season to start the hype train for 2014 and beyond.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks! In round 34 of 40 (20 team league), so looking for some deep, deep, deep (did I mention deep?) sleepers.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Novice

I had him on my team lastyear. He's got potential, but only showed flashes last year. Other issue is that he's either nearing/over the prospect innings limit in most pools so just be careful that he's still prospect eligible in your pool. He's currently at 33IP and a lot of pools have 50IP as their limit, so he likely won't have prospect status at the end of the season.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Blueman View Post
    Anyone have any info on this prospect? He's listed in Dobber's guide in the top 10 but does not have a write up included.

Any reason why he's so highly ranked by DobberBaseball and not even in Schmidt's top 50?

Cheers,

Blueman
    In speaking with Mike, that list ranks the talent and upside of prospects. Pomeranz still has the talent and nice upside, but he lacks the polish of other pitching prospects. Pitching in Coors doesn't help either. In round 34 of 40 he's worth considering, but I'd like to know if you have some other good choices available to you.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."