Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Pope

Dobber Sports Star

There's nobody in this world I would rather kick in the face than the pope. This one, the last one, doesn't even matter.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    Didn't take long for the hate to come out. It always saddens me when people have such hate for other people groups.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. THE HATE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH GETS IS LEGITIMIZED BY THE CRIMES THEY COMMIT AGAINST HUMANITY!

Seriously, it is probably the biggest hateful and bigoted organization in the world. They actively cause the deaths of thousands and the suffering of even more through their policies as a whole.

"But you're hating on them!" Damn ****ing right I am. They deserve it. **** those hateful bastards.

Edit: I mean, really, how the **** can you cry and moan about how the cathoic church are victims here? Open your eyes to all the sadistic shit they have committed through the years and especially today in light of what we know as an advanced society. You defending them is just intellectually bankrupt and pathetic.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

The new pope has been lauded in the past for showing compassion towards and washing the feet of a number of AIDS patients prior to the 2005 conclave. However his church then tells followers that condoms are wrong and should not be used, therefore increasing the risk of the spread of AIDS. Ya cause that makes any sense ......
    Last edited by wendelclark17; March 13, 2013 at 5:26 PM.

Dobber Sports Star

The pope is no different than those old TV evangelists - selling lies to weak people. The whole notion of the catholic church is founded on hypocrisy. The bible speaks of holy men who have nothing because they give everything they have to the needy... If the pope is so close to god, why the **** isn't he walking around barefoot and hungry? It's all bullshit, and I would love the chance to confront one of these greedy old kittens.
    Last edited by bondon; March 13, 2013 at 5:34 PM.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    The leadership of the Catholic church has no place in the 21st century. They are completely void of empathy, legitimacy and relevance. That's not an extreme position. It's just common sense in light of what those ****s are actually doing and in light of how modern we are as a society. They are an organization stuck AT LEAST 500 years in the past and they don't even follow the words of their supposed god. Unacceptable and pathetic.
    This is all true, but can be said of most religious groups. Very sad that in the 21st century that religion is still so prevalent across the world.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ninja

While I understand the feelings of many (on both sides) in this thread, I'd like to request that everybody try to remain calm and collected and not spaz out.

Any posts that are over-aggressive will be changed to "I like kittens".

Also, use of the word c*nt...not gonna be tolerated.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    While I understand the feelings of many (on both sides) in this thread, I'd like to request that everybody try to remain calm and collected and not spaz out.

I like Kittens

Dobber Sports All-Star

He's commenting on every thread but this one right now. I need some comments from someone who understands God and religion completely. Where's lucifer316?
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post

"I'm not gonna do what everyone thinks I'm gonna do and... FLIP OUT man! All I wanna know is one thing... who's coming with me? Who's coming with me, man?"

Edit http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=H0AnJ...%3DH0AnJKKwhQ0
    Last edited by Ross The Boss Palmer; March 13, 2013 at 5:50 PM.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    He's commenting on every thread but this one right now. I need some comments from someone who understands God and religion completely. Where's lucifer316?
    i get enough peoples dander up without getting into debates about religion or politics

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    I'm not catholic, but I don't think they are an institution that has no place in society today. I think the issue of contraceptives is outdated myself and I've got friends who defend it, and I let them have it as I really don't care, but places like Africa could really use something like that.

The issue of child molestation is a big deal and they are trying to crack down on that and deal with it. There have been many cases where these men have been removed. It's then up to the state to prosecute them and I honestly don't know the rate that happens at.

One of the big issues the cardinals discussed is the issue of child molestation and their desire to abolish it from happening within the church. So I don't think it's fair to lump the entire group when the majority are trying to swiftly rid the church of that.
    Whats their defence.?

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Whats their defence.?
    Probably that their imaginary friend says so.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Genius

Their defense of contraception is one I don't quite understand myself. I know it was written by a pope back in the day when Europe was ravaged by war and it was to help repopulate Europe afterwards. The idea comes from verse "be fruitfrul and multiply" and the other half of the issue is that they believe then they are limiting what could be God's will for them if they take the issue of birth into their own hands, so to speak.

I don't think the full argument for them justice, but that's the gist from what I remember.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak