Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nyquist recalled from AHL

Dobber Sports Novice

Nyquist played with Andersson and Cleary on the 4th Line from what I saw. (I only saw the last half of the game). I am not sure if he actually started with Datsyuk and Franzen though. Did anyone see this? I did see him on PP2
    The Rebuild:

Goalies: Price, Schneider
    Defence: Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Carlson, Schultz, Barrie, Leddy
    Forwards: Crosby, Benn, Bergeron, JVR, Turris, Skinner, E. Kane, Huberdeau, Galchenyuk, Tarasenko, Granlund, MJ90

Points Only Keeper - Donating $$$ since 2009

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_mcallister View Post
    Nyquist played with Andersson and Cleary on the 4th Line from what I saw. (I only saw the last half of the game). I am not sure if he actually started with Datsyuk and Franzen though. Did anyone see this? I did see him on PP2
    I mostly saw Abdelkader with Dats and Franzen, I think, but I was flipping between channels a bunch. NHL.com's ice-time logs shows that Nyquist and Datsyuk weren't on the ice at the same time, though, from what my dazed/sleepy mind can tell. I think he played a bunch with Cleary, from what I remember, And Andersson through all periods, but he did get shuffled around a bit, it seemed. Played a shift or two with Filppula.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Pro

A PP assist. Nothing wrong with that.
    only 12min on the ice. And a couple PP shifts.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Initiate

So who would rather have Nyquist or Tatar? From what I have seen I would go with Nyquist, I'm also a little disappointed in Tatar's attitude, if what he said about going to Europe is true.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

You'll have to remember that Tatar is a passionate guy with his heart on his sleeve. I think he's going to stay. The Wings just had to throw him a bone. Most Wings fans are outraged that Nyquist and Tatar aren't up with the big team at the same time and I think both of them know that. By the way, how many NHL players do you think come here or go to HFboards and places like that?

But anyway... I have Nyquist on my team and I wouldn't trade him straight up for Tatar. That's my 2 cents.
    GO WINGS!

The Great One

Could be the new theme in Detroit. Play me, or I'll threaten to go to Europe.

I highly doubt Tatar did that in the first place....he was ready, and fits in great with the limited playing time.
    Last edited by Mr. Guru; March 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM.

Is Mr. Nyquist a multi-cat kinda player? Hits, SOG, PIM perhaps?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Not a lot of hits or PIM, but he's upped his shot totals pretty nicely in the AHL this year compared to before.
    GO WINGS!

Administrator

I doubt he becomes a hits/PIM/blocks kind of guy. He'll be good at the offensive stuff though.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I doubt he becomes a hits/PIM/blocks kind of guy. He'll be good at the offensive stuff though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Not a lot of hits or PIM, but he's upped his shot totals pretty nicely in the AHL this year compared to before.
    Cool, thanks gents.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Guru

and he was sent back down today

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
    Wings have reassigned Gustav Nyquist to Grand Rapids.
    edit: some more info:
    http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....av_nyqu_2.html

DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings have reassigned forward Gustav Nyquist to the Grand Rapids Griffins.

The Red Wings are hoping that center Darren Helm can return as early as Wednesday at home against Minnesota.

"He's skating today and tomorrow and after two days of practice I'd assume it's a Wednesday morning decision,'' general manager Ken Holland said.

Helm has appeared in only one game (Jan. 25 vs. Minnesota) due to a back injury (slight tear in disc) suffered three days before training camp.

"If Helm is in the lineup, great. If not, we'll reassess Thursday and might bring back Nyquist for the California trip (four games, starting in Anaheim Friday),'' Holland said.

The Red Wings would have sent down Nyquist today whether or not Helm was close to returning.

"(Coach Mike Babcock) will use the same 12 forwards Wednesday if Helm can't go,'' Holland said. "Why keep Nyquist as a healthy scratch? Grand Rapids has a game on Tuesday.''

The club had recalled Nyquist last Tuesday for its three-game trip to Western Canada. He played in the first two games, picking up one assist, and was scratched Saturday in Vancouver. He has appeared in four games for the Red Wings this season (no goals, one assist).

Nyquist, 23, is leading the AHL in scoring with 60 points (23 goals, 37 assists) in 57 games.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; March 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Darren Helm!!!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Helmer has had some bad luck. Detroit really needs his hustle, jam and speed.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Helmer has had some bad luck. Detroit really needs his hustle, jam and speed.
    Very bad luck. Sucks to see Nyquist go down but Helm brings something to that lineup that is unmatched.

Dobber Sports Sage

He just got his first of the year :-)
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.