Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finally Dropped Green... Picked Up Muzzin.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I haven't dropped Green yet, stashed him on my IR.

As for Muzzin - I'm not sold yet.
    Head over to NHL.com and watch his 5 goals.
    Just click "video".

Muzzin is consistently flicking things on net. It's not even a clean shot often, seems to go end-over-end sometimes. He likes to put it high corners - which has been working.
    Yup, it's going to go in occasionally... and his 5 goals on 35 shots translates to a 14% shooting percentage, which puts him top 10 among defensemen. Sustainable - nope.
    Typically, defensemen (not named Karlsson) who are mostly releasing points-shots will score at about 5%. An excellent lucky season for defensemen will come in around 10%. (Kronwall, Garrison last year)

Muzzin is also playing mostly the left D spot and he's a left-handed shot, which isn't ideal angle for a scoring defenseman.

I think he's had several seeing eye pucks.
    I will say that he appears to have a good hockey-sense at avoiding an approaching defender and using their body as a screen. Is this really his intention though?

Overall, from playing hockey growing up - I never remember a coach that was fond of seeing his defensemen shooting for upper corners from the point. Very few rebounds.

I don't know... he looks a little bit "clunky" out there.
    I'll be surprised if long-term he's better than the wonky Mike Green.
    We'll see.
    You'll note that I said from the outset that I don't see Muzzin as a long term solution. The only real long term solution was finally severing the "but he was my first round pick in the inaugural draft" cord that I had been hanging myself with waiting for Green these past three years. Good riddance.

And to be fair if this league had more than two IR spots and I didn't already have Karlsson, Spezza and Ward fighting over those spots I would have stashed Green. But two dead spots on the roster is too many when fighting for a championship. I'm currently in second but by a fair ways off after a couple of narrow losses since the injuries really hit. I need to hold onto a top two spot to get that ever-important first round bye and if I can nab the "President's Trophy" in this league that's worth my entry fee so there are serious short-term implications with scuttling Green.

Finally, I offered him around the league. Green was so repulsive to them they made me wear a full body condom before even asking.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I haven't dropped Green yet, stashed him on my IR.

As for Muzzin - I'm not sold yet.
    Head over to NHL.com and watch his 5 goals.
    Just click "video".

Muzzin is consistently flicking things on net. It's not even a clean shot often, seems to go end-over-end sometimes. He likes to put it high corners - which has been working.
    Yup, it's going to go in occasionally... and his 5 goals on 35 shots translates to a 14% shooting percentage, which puts him top 10 among defensemen. Sustainable - nope.
    Typically, defensemen (not named Karlsson) who are mostly releasing points-shots will score at about 5%. An excellent lucky season for defensemen will come in around 10%. (Kronwall, Garrison last year)

Muzzin is also playing mostly the left D spot and he's a left-handed shot, which isn't ideal angle for a scoring defenseman.

I think he's had several seeing eye pucks.
    I will say that he appears to have a good hockey-sense at avoiding an approaching defender and using their body as a screen. Is this really his intention though?

Overall, from playing hockey growing up - I never remember a coach that was fond of seeing his defensemen shooting for upper corners from the point. Very few rebounds.

I don't know... he looks a little bit "clunky" out there.
    I'll be surprised if long-term he's better than the wonky Mike Green.
    We'll see.
    Great observations here, thanks.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Finally, I offered him around the league. Green was so repulsive to them they made me wear a full body condom before even asking.
    I drafted Green all the way in round 19 of an inaugural league where we play 6D, thinking its worth a shot. However he so frustrating to own, I packaged him in a deal for Phaneuf (when he had 1 pt all season). Biggest weight off my shoulders ever.
    Semi-retired