Thread: Bryz, Anderson or Quick (Trade Deadline Tomorrow) REP!!! PLS HELP

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Bryz, Anderson or Quick (Trade Deadline Tomorrow) REP!!! PLS HELP

Obvious answer is likely Quick even in the absence of his usual dominating stats.

Bryz has shown flashes of brilliance and has been a legit ELITE stopper for years prior to landing in Philly. Will he ever regain form?

Anderson is like the R.A. Dickie of Hockey. Kid blasted on to the scene this year, on a mediocre to less than average team...but posted Vezina type fantasy numbers and has maintained his lock on top fantasy keeper despite a week + (and on going) of inactivity. We can probably expect him back within 5 to 7 days (hopefully).

My league pays out for the Vezina winner (as per the leading goaltender based on Fantasy points). There's an obvious benefit to hanging on to Anderson.

Besides Bryz...what would you offer from my team below to attempt to pry QUick away from his owner (who also has Lehtonen and Miller...or are one of these 2 a better target).

This guy has placed a crazy high value on Quick (and rightfully so). But he's in last place and while having an allstar 3 headed monster in net (Quick, Miller, Lehtonen), he's struggling with his skatters.

Here's his team (only providing what appears to be his 14 keepers and some fringe keepers)

C - Toews, Sedin, Couturier
    L - Nash, (C) Schenn, Doan, (C) J. Staal, Perron
    R - Jagr, Clarkson, (C) Brunner
    D - Keith, Yandle, Carle, Seabrook
    G - Quick, Miller, Lehtonen
    Util 1 - Lehtonen
    Util 2 - Pick a skater above (probably Staal or Doan or Brunner)

We Keep 14 which include 2 goalies (3 if you burn a utility on one)

PLEASE...someone help me figure out a reasonable (or weighted his way) offer for Quick which doesn't decimate my team...or convince me I should focus on another area of my team and my tending is fine (Rinne, Bryz, Anderson or Bernier if he gets moved).

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would offer Anderson straight-up for Quick.
    Find out what his reply is... how much do you have to sweeten the pot?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I would offer Anderson straight-up for Quick.
    Find out what his reply is... how much do you have to sweeten the pot?
    This guy is the most frustrating GM in our league of 10. He's an absentee GM. He logged in Sept 11 for the draft and not again until 4 weeks into the season. He lets trades lapse over and over.

I've had Quick offers on the table for weeks and pulled them down just so I didn't have to see the trade lapse. So I don't attribute it to his holding out...but I think a move for Quick would have to stand out enough to catch his attention.

I've offered as much as Marleau, Voracek and Bryz earlier in the season. Voracek is not off the table and Marleau moved.

I emailed the guy in hopes to atleast get a response...I'm thinking about offering him..

Anderson or Bryz
    Ribiero
    Another Player that I hopefully won't miss too much

Even offered to flip my 1st rounder for his 2nd rounder (he doesn't have a 1st rounder)...this is a bit trivial as the 1st round pick I currently have is the last pick in the round (pick 10) and his 2nd rounder is pick 11 right now.
    But who knows if he'll pick up on that.

What I'm getting at is "How much is too much"? I'm frustrated with Bryz...and Anderson atleast comes with the potential of a end of day payout should he win the vezina in our league.

DO I persist? Or simply walk away and keep what I have? May not be thinking clearly.

Dobber Sports Stud

1. Quick
    2. Bryzgalov
    3. Anderson

If you can trade for Quick, then I would do it. Does your need need Ribeiro for the rest of the season? If you feel like you can lose him and not have a small void left behind, I would make the trade. Quick might not beat out the two goalies for this season, but he's a much better keeper, and I have no doubt will be back on track next season if not earlier.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Essej View Post
    1. Quick
    2. Bryzgalov
    3. Anderson

If you can trade for Quick, then I would do it. Does your need need Ribeiro for the rest of the season? If you feel like you can lose him and not have a small void left behind, I would make the trade. Quick might not beat out the two goalies for this season, but he's a much better keeper, and I have no doubt will be back on track next season if not earlier.
    Thanks for the feedback Essej.

Currently my Center Keepers are Tavares and Getzlaf. Getzy has been lights out and a little better than Ribiero who has been rediculous. End of day...I'm over on my Centre games played so trimming them down...trimming my entire bench down may be wise. Play the all stars. Ribiero...as good as he's been and how great his situation is in Wash...just can't be kept on my team. Tavares and Getz hold down my 2 C spots. LW will be Hall and Semin. RW Perry and now Voracek. leaving Yakupov as one of my utility and likely a 3rd goalie for the 2nd Utility. I think I HAVE to include Ribiero...but he's got Toews and Sedin...does he really need Ribiero? ARGH!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Considering my team in sig below...(and remembering that this guy is the last place team who's only real value lies in: Nash/Yandle/Keith/Quick/Miller/Lehtonen

I'm offering up
    C - Ribiero (Elite this year, but likely not kept on My team)
    L/R - Heatley (just acquired today...may as well move him before he settles in)
    R - Williams (not all that sexy, but he's been a top fantasy performer over the past 2 years
    G = Bryz (The only really keeper here)

for

G = Quick (essentially)

asked to throw in Cole, O'Reily and Kumelin to balance the trade for bodies, but obviously, none of these guys will ever play for me.

Big enough to catch his eye?

I also have a subsequent offer out to land Eberle from the 2nd last place team.

Eberle/Burns
    for
    Ribiero/Heatley (or) Willams

I'd be happy with either...I'm crowded at RW...but I happen to know that the owner of Eberle is looking to ship him out for upgrade at Center. I think landing Eberle would only allow me to move one of Voracek/Eberle/Yakupov (perhaps in an additional QUick offer) should the previous one fail.

End of day...I think Eberle is >> Ribeiro so short term crowding will only provide me a bigger fish to move.

Dice Rolled...offers sent...clock continues to tick down to tomorrow's trade deadline!

I LOVE THE ADRENALINE!