Thread: Fires Bernier, Fires Bernier...look Yonder look Younder!...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Fires Bernier, Fires Bernier...look Yonder look Younder!...

Bernier first off the ice reported by Leftwinglock. Daily faceoff showing probable that Bernier will make his first back to back start of the season.

Um...having gone 5-0-0 in his past 5 starts allowing only 1 goal in each of those starts...is Bernier finally making a move on ... well ... SOMETHING?

I don't want to be nieve and suggest that Bernier could possibly take over the #1 job in LA...but...stranger things have happened.

Or...with NJ foundering in the absence of Grandpa #1...with only Grandpa #2 there to cover the gap... Is Bernier doing him self a favor by driving up his price?

If LA chooses NOT to move Bernier...it would cause the perfect storm.

Bernier, not wanting to play 2nd fiddle any more will likely NOT sign with LA and end up a hold out.

While a great season from the young tender could draw more attention and potential for an offer sheet...we've seen what happened when Weber and O'Reily sign sheets...then ended up right back in the hands of the team they where trying to leave...and O'Reily for 2 years.

LA won't want to let him go for nothing...but with the trade deadline less than a month away...what is to come of Mr. Bernier?

More playing time in LA (commitment to this season)
    Trade to move Bernier out of town
    Trade to move Quick out of town (unlikely but....)
    Maybe Bernier takes over #1 for the time being?
    At this stage of the season...who would be the most likely suitors for Bernier? Usual suspects or have new potential suitors surfaced.

I have earned and lost Bernier 2 times over the past 2 years...and weeks ago, reacquired him for the 3rd time. I'm liking what I'm seeing out of him as a potential 3rd keeper for me behind Rinne and Bryz. I'll like it even more when he finally takes a #1 job...in LA or elsewhere (as long as he doesn't end up in Philly or Columbus. Goalie Grave yards!

Not much Bernier Chatter laterly (need to hide this thread from Blayze as he's told me how much he doesn't like Bernier over the years... but hey...gotta give credit where credit is due!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Bernier / Quick analysis...Yup...Bernier tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l9tR...ature=youtu.be

Dobber Sports Genius

This might be the weirdest title ever!
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Well...it brought you here eh?

(old nursury rhym my mother used to sing to me!)...Cheesy eh!?

Ok...I'll reconsider titles next time. But the subject still remains.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm sad and now convinced more than ever I need to trade for a different starter. I'll keep quick but ****! Really wish I handcuffed with Bernier...

Also, without me actually looking at the stats, why do I feel like bernier sees less SOG each game then Quick
    12 team roto
    G, A, +/-, PPP, Hits ATOI
    W, SO, Sav %, GAA

C:Thornton, E. Staal, Campbell
    LW: Elias, Perron, Steen, Dubinsky
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Brouwer
    D: Markov, Spurgeon, Muzzin, Burns Tyutin, ,
    G: M. Smith, Quick,Hiller & Allen
    IR: Bergie
    currently Leading A and in PPP, but only Assists has a cushion. tied for last in hits (next person is 30-40 hits ahead), middle ground in ATOI, and 4th for +/-.
    Sucking balls in goalie scoring/categories
    rookie at fantasy hockey.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Bru-Tang Clan View Post
    I'm sad and now convinced more than ever I need to trade for a different starter. I'll keep quick but ****! Really wish I handcuffed with Bernier...

Also, without me actually looking at the stats, why do I feel like bernier sees less SOG each game then Quick

Good call, he averages about 2 shots less per 60 minutes....
    Rotisserie since 1989, league I am in now has been running, non stop, since 1991.... founding member...

Dobber Sports Recruit

i think that is because for most of the year quick was getting the starts against the better teams hence more shots on goal

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Safe to unhandcuff Bernier now? Did Quick make a statement last night? Didn't see the game.
    12 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    Positions: 2C, 2RW, 2 LW, 4 D, 2 Util, 2 G, 4 Bench
    PLAYER: G 6, A 4, (+/-) 2. PPP 2, SOG .9, Blk 1
    GOALIE: W 5, GA -3, SV .6, SO 5

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Bernier has 2 bad starts (allowing 4 goals in each) book ending 5 elite level starts (allowing 1 goal in each). Average that out...I think he's still a great handcuff and now...more than ever this year...there may be a good chance he's moved.

Instead of throwing up another solid performance which would have made the LA Brass REALLY have to consider what to do moving forward (with QUick's wishy washy year)... Bernier proves he's mortal, Quick comes in and saves the day... proving the kings can live without Bernier and applying a reasonable hit to Bernier's value...

Perfect storm for finally moving this young tender out of town to a better situation?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Bernier has 2 bad starts (allowing 4 goals in each) book ending 5 elite level starts (allowing 1 goal in each). Average that out...I think he's still a great handcuff and now...more than ever this year...there may be a good chance he's moved.

Instead of throwing up another solid performance which would have made the LA Brass REALLY have to consider what to do moving forward (with QUick's wishy washy year)... Bernier proves he's mortal, Quick comes in and saves the day... proving the kings can live without Bernier and applying a reasonable hit to Bernier's value...

Perfect storm for finally moving this young tender out of town to a better situation?

LOL...damn if you ddn't hit every thought I have regarding the matter.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury