Thread: Fasth vs. Varlamov+

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Fasth vs. Varlamov+

11 team roto keeper league (7 keepers + a 5 player farm club per team) and I'm out of the running this year. Looking to improve my goaltending (my goalie keepers are currently Luongo with Varlamov, Khudobin, Lack, Bachman, Chad Johnson on my farm)

Is Fasth worth going after?

The Fasth owner is interested in Khudobin to pair with his Rask. I countered by asking about Fasth and I would consider sending Varlamov, Khudobin, and a good quality forward (that I don't need since I'm out of the running this year) for Fasth. Is this too much? Is Fasth the real deal (the Ducks seem to think so - they signed him for 2 more years) or would I regret this trade in a few months and/or next season?

Fasth would replace Varlamov, and I would fill the farm spot vacated by Khudobin with a forward or another goalie prospect.

Can't give too many more details since the guys in my league read this site!

Dobber Sports Novice

49 views, 0 responses?

C'mon boys - seriously, I need help!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I, personally, wouldn't make that trade. Varlamov is the undisputed starter whereas Fasth is not. If you look over the past couple of weeks, Fasth's numbers haven't been particularly impressive either.

Maybe I'm too high on Varly, but he has no competition and the Avs are an up and coming team once they overcome the insane amount of injuries they've dealt with so far.

I'd stick with Varly.
    15-team keeper (keep 10) - G,A,+/-,PPP, Hits, Blocked Shots, W, SV%, Saves

Forwards - Kunin, Trenin, Eichel, Bjorkstrand, Boldy, Pastrnak, Boeser, Caufield, Laine, Crosby, Newhook, Konecny, Farabee, Rossi (NA)
    Defenseman - Brodin, Hamilton, Zadorov, Severson, Forsling, Braun, Roy
    Goalies - Sorokin, Hill, Varlamov, Daws

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by cizastro View Post
    I, personally, wouldn't make that trade. Varlamov is the undisputed starter whereas Fasth is not. If you look over the past couple of weeks, Fasth's numbers haven't been particularly impressive either.

Maybe I'm too high on Varly, but he has no competition and the Avs are an up and coming team once they overcome the insane amount of injuries they've dealt with so far.

I'd stick with Varly.
    I would too. Varly's only competition is a few years away (when Pickard and Sami get enough time in the A).

Fasth has been hot and cold recently, Varly will be too until the Avs' D gets better.

Dobber Sports Stud

If Varlamov has keeper consider, I would really want to keep him. For this season I would make the swap for Fasth, but only if you aren't sending over a quality forward as well. The difference between the two goalies is not a good forward. Keep Varlamov unless it can be done straight up, or with a very minor asset moving the other way.