Thread: Schneider or Luongo?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Schneider or Luongo?

With all of the trade rumors surronding Luongo, who would you rather have one your team?
    This isn't to benefit me or anything, I'd just like to know other people's thoughts on the two tendies.

And not even just have on your team, just who you like better also. Anything you want to say about these guys, this is the place. I'd love to hear other opinions.
    Message me about your keeper leagues if you need another player. I'd love to be in a keeper league next season.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think both guys are worth owning and both are quality NHL goalies. Right now they are in a situation that they cant control and thats playing time. Long term, Schneider is the better own mainly because of his age. I think Lou has 3-4 more good years left in him at a minimum. At that point he will be 37-38 yrs old.

I dont expect their situation to change during this season. A trade may happen at the deadline but I dont see it. Maybe a major injury to a key goalie on another team in the future prior to the deadline may change that statement but I see Vancouver riding this out for the year.

Either way, its painful to own one of these guys right now because of the playing time that both are getting/not getting depending on how the wind blows. Both are starters in their own right stuck in a bad situation.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Interested to see what the Vancouver fans are thinking...has opinions changed considering Lou is playing like the Lou that they wrestled away from Florida and who earned that huge contract. Schneid's is very mortal this year...perhaps a sign of his mental strenght?

Luongo has clearly accepted his place on the team (not necessarily his JOB) and it has paid off for him. Schneid's seems to be impacted mentally as things have not gone down as expected for him. MAYBE not a great sign for the young wanna be #1 of the Canucks?

Just putting that thought out there....

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Interested to see what the Vancouver fans are thinking...has opinions changed considering Lou is playing like the Lou that they wrestled away from Florida and who earned that huge contract. Schneid's is very mortal this year...perhaps a sign of his mental strenght?

Luongo has clearly accepted his place on the team (not necessarily his JOB) and it has paid off for him. Schneid's seems to be impacted mentally as things have not gone down as expected for him. MAYBE not a great sign for the young wanna be #1 of the Canucks?

Just putting that thought out there....
    I think axeman has it right
    I would say nothing really has changed in terms of their value, except for the time-splitting right now. Might be a good time to acquire either, for that reason.
    One will be traded before next season due to the cap, and i expect both to be top 10 goalies next year and going forward. Schneids for longer, clearly, but he is still the less proven of the two, so Id still put their values at even. I dont think Schneids under-performing a bit this season is an issue.
    CBS Sportsline H2H 14 team keeper league (keep 14)
    (G, A, Shots, Blocked Shots, PPPs, +/- (no PIMs in our league), W, Sv%, GAA)

C: Pettersson, Aho, Hischier, O’Reilly, Coyle, Novak
    W: Marner, Debrincat, Barzal,
    Kempe, Mittlestadt, Terevainen, P.Kane, Kakko
    D: Pietrangelo, Doughty, Werenski, Dunn, Provorov, York, McNabb
    G: Skinner, Vanacek, UPL

2010-11 & 2018-19 Champs

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Im a Vancouver fan, and I own both in one of my leagues....

I think they are both fantastic goalies, I think one will be traded likely Luongo....

I think schneider has the potential to be #1 for sure....

It sucks playing in this time share, when every game you are unsure regardless of performance whether or not you will get to start....I think Luongo is playing better because he doesnt feel the pressure of being that guy who has the carry the team this year...

I think overall its a bad situation for both right now, and would compare it to the Capitals goalie situation (not in terms of quality)....Holtby has been much better lately since they have shown confidence in him to be the number 1 instead of flip flopping back and forth with Neuvy. Half the time its not even his fault see the game against the flyers the caps played like garbage no effort no heart...should that be holtbys fault then he has to start wondering if he going to get to play next game or see extended time on the bench...

Theres been a couple games where the Nucks did nothing for Schneider and then he gets benched for 2-3 games as a result...now after the detroit debacle, are we going to see luongo sit all week? or would we if there was no B2B this weekend...

those are some of my thoughts...2 good goalies in a bad situation

also OP your name should be theTampaBayniac!,