Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Torts

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm trying to figure out where some of the posters are coming from who said Torts should be booted and Ruff would be a great fit. What I hear a lot of people say is that Torts is an angry guy who does nothing but yell....which is exactly what Lindy Ruff does. They have different systems and game plans but they are both endlessly stuck in the "kick the garbage can and call your mama names" mode. Old school coaches with anger issues.

Don't get me wrong, Torts may need to go but Lindy isn't a change imo.
    Last edited by Harden1313; February 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    H2H 1 year 12 team league
    G A +/- PIM PPP SHP FW HIT BLK GS W L GAA SV% SHO

C Backes (C, RW) MacKinnon (C, RW), Kadri
    LW D. Sedin, Hartnell, Hoffman (C, LW)
    RW Nash (RW, KW), Palmeri (RW, LW), Giroux (C, RW)
    D Johnson, Matinez, Stralman, Doughty
    G Holtby, Ward, Reimer

---------------------------------------------------

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Harden1313 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out where some of the posters are coming from who said Torts should be booted and Ruff would be a great fit. What I hear a lot of people say is that Torts is an angry guy who does nothing but yell....which is exactly what Lindy Ruff does. They have different systems and game plans but they are both endlessly stuck in kicking the garbage can over and call your mama names mode. Old school coaches with anger issues.

Don't et me wrong, Torts may need to go but Lindy isn't a change imo.
    this is a very valid question

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    the problem is not torts the problem is sather and to a bigger extent dolan

change the coaches all you want but the results will always be the same

the new york rangers have been a retirement home/country club since long before torts showed up
    I would say pre-salary cap era......YES. How Sather would throw coin at a series of players in dumb fashion only to see the team not even make the playoffs was ridiculous - and he should've been fired for those dumb signings, and would've been in most instances if him and Dolan weren't buds. In that light, you could compare the Rangers to a retirement home/country club as many players would go there in the past just to collect a paycheck without contributing to team success. But, since the salary cap era started I really like how the Rangers have developed - a good mix of external signings with internal development compared to previous teams that would just be composed of a series of free agents they just signed the summer prior. I think some of the more recent moves Sather has done have been great - trades, new signings, and re-signings. I'd do that Nash trade again in a second. Yeah, B.Rich isn't playing great now but prior to getting B.Rich they needed a #1 C bad....losing to the Caps in previous years in the playoffs they could defend well thanks in large part to their great D core and the king in net but they couldn't score for shit. Getting Richards was a great thing to do to address that - can't fault Sather for doing that. Last year during his first year on the team the Rangers had great success and this year things have started slow but it's only 17 games in at this point. Don't see how Sather has been a problem to this team as of late. I love Torts, and think at some point they may need a new voice, but just not right now. Based on his record with this team he deserves a longer leash than being just out of the playoffs by 1 point with a game in hand which does not justify firing a coach who led them to 51 wins and the Eastern Conf. Finals the year prior.
    Last edited by PocketRockets05; February 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM.
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Wizard

i am sorry but richards was a terrible signing like gomez and drury before him

as for sather doing this great job signing ufas post cap i am sorry i just dont see it

3 of his 4 largest contracts gomez drury and redden all had to be bought out of their contracts and the 4th richards might have to be as well the rate at which things are going

starting with brashear he went on a tear of adding more expensive and longer term enforcers up through rupp and not one of them worked out

the cap has prevented sather from making more mistakes than he has because he can only spend so much money but to act like he has somehow found religion is just ignoring the facts

also nash may have been better than the players than he was traded for but if that doesnt translate into team success who cares other than people selling jerseys