Thread: Questions about Silfverberg

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Questions about Silfverberg

What is this kid's upside, I have Clarkson really cheap in a keeper pool and there is a GM offering me Silfverberg plus. I really don't want to give Clarkson up as he is really valuable in a multi-cat league. So how good is the swede?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Silfverberg has great upside. I think he can be a 30-goal scorer and he's starting to heat up. However, Clarkson is a monster in multi-cat and I would not be giving him up for Silfver unless that plus is pretty significant.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Solid advice from V0A.

I love me some Silfverberg and I've followed him here in Sweden for the last few years, but I wouldn't trade him for Clarkson right now. Or if I did, like V0A says, that plus would have to be pretty significant.

He has a monster shot, the closest any Swede can call Stamkos-like (but obviously not at that level...yet ), and he plays well in all three zones. He's still adjusting to NHL hockey so that's why he's still a bit on the outside. He needs to go to the high traffic areas, but that will come. However, his big fantasy weakness is that he's a pretty slick player, which means not too many hits or PIM, which is a shame if you're in a multi-cat league. I think Loui Eriksson is the template he'll follow in the NHL.
    GO WINGS!