Thread: Commish Question

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Commish Question

I posted earlier about having a few deadbeat GM's. I am putting a poll up for my league to either pick to rename the two teams Ghost Team A+B or reset the waiver priority to the draft order and dump the two rosters into the waiver pool. Looking for advice here.

Already contacted GM's...no dice. So what are your thoughts? How do I make it fair if I dump the teams back into the pool? Can I even do that in Yahoo? Is it better to just set the rosters and rename the teams to avoid hurt feelings? Ugh....wish I was back in Western NY so I could just go smack these idiots in the back of the head instead of trying to run this league from down in Virginia.
    Last edited by Harden1313; February 19, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    H2H 1 year 12 team league
    G A +/- PIM PPP SHP FW HIT BLK GS W L GAA SV% SHO

C Backes (C, RW) MacKinnon (C, RW), Kadri
    LW D. Sedin, Hartnell, Hoffman (C, LW)
    RW Nash (RW, KW), Palmeri (RW, LW), Giroux (C, RW)
    D Johnson, Matinez, Stralman, Doughty
    G Holtby, Ward, Reimer

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Do not put the players in the draft. You should put both teams in a pool and have 2 new GMs draft their club. Anyways, that's what I did in a previous pool and it worked wonders.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Harden1313 View Post
    I posted earlier about having a few deadbeat GM's. I am putting a poll up for my league to either pick to rename the two teams Ghost Team A+B or reset the waiver priority to the draft order and dump the two rosters into the waiver pool. Looking for advice here.

Already contacted GM's...no dice. So what are your thoughts? How do I make it fair if I dump the teams back into the pool? Can I even do that in Yahoo? Is it better to just set the rosters and rename the teams to avoid hurt feelings? Ugh....wish I was back in Western NY so I could just go smack these idiots in the back of the head instead of trying to run this league from down in Virginia.
    you could hold a contraction draft

its much easier than dealing with that many players hitting the waiver wire and likely more fair

The Wolverine

I believe (not positive) that you can change the ownership from your commish tools. If you can, I would post in these classifieds for two new managers, even just ones that will ensure the teams remain active. Much better than doing a dispersal or something similar IMO. If I'm one of the other managers, I'd rather earn it with my moves, rather than from another's inactivity.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Do not release the players into the pool. I can not think of a fair way to disperse 2 teams amongst 10 remaining teams. You're going to have 2 first round players, 2 second rounders etc. so 2-4 teams get great players while the other 6 get much less.

Many have suggested you find new managers which isn't a bad idea but it still can be tought. First, I would rename them Ghost Team #1 and Ghost Team #2 and put their top ranked players in the starting positions with their worst players on the bench. Then seek out new managers either via people you know or the classifieds here, if you can find a manager to take over great, if not just leave the ghost teams to do their best. Do not worry about being forced to run these teams that's just work you don't need. In many ways going to a ghost team is fairer because the season is 4 weeks in and some teams will have had the advantage of playing basically ghost teams already.

Finally, communicate with the league. Email everyone saying idiot #1 and idiot #2 are out, the league will remain at 12 teams, the teams are ghosts for now but we're actively looking for 2 new GMs to takeover if you know anyone who will actually update their roster let me know.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Good thoughts guys. Sounds like the idea is to rename them Ghosts and set the lineups. So after I set the rosters I should just lock the two teams and call it a day? Side note....I did have number one draft priority and really wanted Toews!

G Holtby, Ward, Reimer

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Harden1313 View Post
    Good thoughts guys. Sounds like the idea is to rename them Ghosts and set the lineups. So after I set the rosters I should just lock the two teams and call it a day? Side note....I did have number one draft priority and really wanted Toews!
    Set, lock the rosters and advertise on here/elsewhere for a replacement. You might get lucky and find people that are willing to take on another team.

EDIT: If you are in Yahoo, you can transfer the teams to new owners. Under commish tools (near the bottom), there is an option to invite other managers by putting in an email address next to the respective team. The note next to it says:

Use this tool to invite a new manager to an existing team. Once the new manager accepts the invitation the previous manager and any co-managers will be notified they no longer own the team.
    Last edited by horrorfan; February 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM.

Dobber Sports Stud

If all you need is someone to set the line-ups each week and grab a wire guy if someone hits the IR, I'd be happy to do it, and I would think it wouldn't be too hard to find another. I can't promise I'll be eagerly poring over the stats to do some streaming or evaluating trades, so you may want to look for a "real" owner first, but it would at least keep all the other owners on an even footing against the ghost team. PM me details if you like.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Robbie View Post
    If all you need is someone to set the line-ups each week and grab a wire guy if someone hits the IR, I'd be happy to do it, and I would think it wouldn't be too hard to find another. I can't promise I'll be eagerly poring over the stats to do some streaming or evaluating trades, so you may want to look for a "real" owner first, but it would at least keep all the other owners on an even footing against the ghost team. PM me details if you like.
    I'll do the other team if you still need someone to set lineups etc.
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks guys. I changed one of the teams to Ghost Team, took control of it myself and set the rosters. The GM of the second team got back with me and said she was on top of things and just had some life issues pop up.

I do have one guy who named his team 'Least Likely to Win' and karma has him dead last. Don't think he will make the whole season. If I do get two teams that I can dump (have to keep things even) the league has said they would like to have everyone email their picks and then I divie up the players based on positioning in the standings. I would still have two ghost teams since I can't delete them midseason but I can fill the rosters with scrubs, dish out the good players fairly, giving the bottom feeders in the league a chance to get back into the mix and let some of us at the top fill a hole or two.

G Holtby, Ward, Reimer