Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV Series NO SPOILERS)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Many on this forum, myself included, have not read the books, but love the TV series. This thread is for discussing the TV series only and up to the latest aired episode as soon as it airs. And so far I've yet to see someone discuss the book in this thread, unless obviously it already occurred in the TV show. Obviously, if you read the books but still want to discuss the TV show here, feel free. Just be polite and not spoil anything.
    Amen.........speaking of the show....what an episode tonight!!!

Dobber Sports Stud

OK now to talk episode 303!

Theon's situation is interesting. I'm wondering who these people are that captured him. It doesn't quite make sense. Last we saw Theon last season was when he was knocked out by one of his own people. So how could another group have captured him?

I was also wondering why the bannerless brotherhood let Arya go instead of holding her captive, especially after the Hound mentioned her to them.

Some new characters were introduced as well, though not sure how major they are/will be.

They tackled some more of the North of the Wall storyline as well. Apparantly, Snow and others are going to climb the wall... uh oh. That should be awesome. The Night's Watch looks depleted.

They tackled some more of the Dany storyline as well after not going to it at all last week. I hope she was/is planning to scam the dude she agreed to buy those soldiers from. I'd be disappointed if she really went through and gave up one of her dragons.

Does anyone remember what Tywin was planning for Lord Baelish? He went to take on a new role, but I'm not sure what it was.

How fantastic was the ending?! I just had a feeling something bad would happen to Jamie. I guess he will be the handless King Slayer from here on out, lol.

The ending credits song was awesome! The Bear and the Maiden Fair is a classic Westeros song! Once I heard the group of people singing it in the beginning of the episode, I had a feeling it would be the closing song.

Good episode again.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; April 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Immortal

OK now to talk episode 303!

Some new characters were introduced as well, though not sure how major they are/will be.

Does anyone remember what Tywin was planning for Lord Baelish? He went to take on a new role, but I'm not sure what it was.
    I don't believe the Brotherhood let her go. Pretty sure she is still with them? Speaking of the Hound, I was confused by her comment to him "Do you remember the last time you were here?".....but the IGN review made light of that. I guess that was the Inn that their party stopped at in Season 1 when the Hound killed the butcher's boy after Arya had the little scuffle with Joffrey.

As for new characters.....Blackfish Tully is frigging perfect! I can't say enough about that. He is Cat's uncle....the one who missed the boat multiple times is Cat's brother.

In the S2 finale, Baelish was given Harrenhal (the burned castle where Arya was last year) for his work in joining the Lannisters and Tyrells. Now it looks like he is off to the Eyrie to try to win Lysa Tully over....she was the one with the weird kid who was still breast feeding at the age of 10.

Not sure how I feel about the song's use. It's definitely a VERy common song in the books, and i had heard that readers wouldn't see its' use in the show coming. I definitely didn't.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I do have to say that I love the dual meaning of that song though. The Bear and the Maiden Fair.....is that Brienne the brute and Jaime the classy, noble, daddy's boy.........or a handless Jaime and the maiden Brienne (because they didn't go through with the rape).

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I don't believe the Brotherhood let her go. Pretty sure she is still with them?

As for new characters.....Blackfish Tully is frigging perfect! I can't say enough about that. He is Cat's uncle....the one who missed the boat multiple times is Cat's brother.

In the S2 finale, Baelish was given Harrenhal (the burned castle where Arya was last year) for his work in joining the Lannisters and Tyrells. Now it looks like he is off to the Eyrie to try to win Lysa Tully over....she was the one with the weird kid who was still breast feeding at the age of 10.
    She is still with them, but didn't she say she was leaving them?

Blackfish Tully does look pretty cool. I do remember Lysa Tully, I was actually expecting to see her at the funeral. Now is Eyrie the place where Lysa lives? Or is that where Cat is now?
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Immortal

She is still with them, but didn't she say she was leaving them?

Blackfish Tully does look pretty cool. I do remember Lysa Tully, I was actually expecting to see her at the funeral. Now is Eyrie the place where Lysa lives? Or is that where Cat is now?
    The Eyrie is where Lysa is. It's the place where Tyrion was held in the sky cell and Bronn beat that dude and kicked him through the "moon door". Cat is in Riverrun, which is home to her family the Tully's. Riverrun's allegiance is obviously to Winterfell and therfore, Robb Stark.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    The Eyrie is where Lysa is. It's the place where Tyrion was held in the sky cell and Bronn beat that dude and kicked him through the "moon door". Cat is in Riverrun, which is home to her family the Tully's. Riverrun's allegiance is obviously to Winterfell and therfore, Robb Stark.
    Thanks for clarifying which one is which. So I'm assuming Eyrie is is the home of the Arryn name, then. I wonder why we didn't see Lysa at her father's funeral...
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Immortal

Thanks for clarifying which one is which. So I'm assuming Eyrie is is the home of the Arryn name, then. I wonder why we didn't see Lysa at her father's funeral...
    Yep....Cat was given to the Starks when she was of age, and Lysa was given to John Arryn; aka the ORIGINAL Hand of the King whose funeral we saw in episode 1 of the series.

Dobber Sports Icon

They're making us wait with the damn White Walkers...what tease with the finale. There is so much going on in this show I don't even know what to comment on.

Danaerus getting her army is interesting - (I kept hoping she was feigning not understanding the mercenary merchant and would say something in his language after he keeps calling her a dumb bitch every 5 second). Her giving up a dragon is huge but I have a feeling she'll end up with it again
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    They're making us wait with the damn White Walkers...what tease with the finale. There is so much going on in this show I don't even know what to comment on.

Danaerus getting her army is interesting - (I kept hoping she was feigning not understanding the mercenary merchant and would say something in his language after he keeps calling her a dumb bitch every 5 second). Her giving up a dragon is huge but I have a feeling she'll end up with it again

I haven't read the books but I can totally see the dragon being loyal only to her, stands to reason, she is the dragonborn (or is that a Skyrim reference....?).

Frickin LOVE this show!
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post

I feel the same. It just seems like she's getting far too little respect from anyone. There's some sort of double-cross coming from her. Either it's going to be some sort of "you can never really own a dragon/these are my children situation" where the dragon just ****s the merchants up or Daenarys is going to use her new army to destroy the merchant village and take back her dragon. Either way, something is afoot and frankly I find her storyline to be one of the most interesting, possibly because it's the one storyline that very clearly has direction.

I was disappointed with last week's episode as it seemed crippled by all the plot it had to service and never really gave us much information while also not really entertaining us. This week was a full 360.

North of the wall it has now become clear that Mance Raider intends to attack the wall and I suspect that is what we will be building towards this season. Prior to this week that was a bit unclear unlike in Seasons 1 and 2 where they were fairly clear from the start what we were headed towards.

But not only did this week give us direction, it was also highly entertaining. It all started with the funeral and Robb's uncle's inability to hit the floating casket. That was high comedy. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if Blackfish had failed to hit the mark as well. I'm totally out on this Cat Stark, I'm the worst mother in the world bit but that's mostly because we already knew that to be the case so I'm completely unsympathetic to her. Nevertheless, it was good to see some more of Robb. We never get to see him do battle because it would be too expensive for HBO to waste time on mostly unimportant stuff like that so it's at least nice to see his tactical mind at work as he describes the cunning patience of Tywin.

Which of course led right into the small council meeting where Tyrion learns of his new title. That whole scene was pure gold. Pun intended. It was just so cleverly done.

I'm out on the whole Theon storyline. I was rooting for rape - not that I needed to have Oz flashbacks but I'm just done with this character. His arc was fulfilling enough through the first two seasons that I'd have been cool with him dying at the end of the second season. His storyline remains without a clear direction. I know this show, because of the source material, is all about the long view but in this case I don't really care for it.

The quick peek at what Stanis was up to was a friendly reminder that he's still got a role to play in all of this and I am all in on his storyline. He and Melisandre are just interesting to me still. I guess they just have obvious power to wield still, even if Stanis has been cut down to size.

The final reveal of the episode was genuinely surprising. I'm not sure where Jaime getting cut down to size leaves us. Will this break him? Is he useless now? Or was he already on his way down anyway? Something tells me this will just create an even greater amount of defiance within him. His dialogue on the show is easily some of the snappiest, right alongside that of Tyrion. Even without a hand, I'm all in on seeing more Jaime Lanister, he's just fun.

Back to Tyrion though. How funny was the stuff with Lord Padrick of Dongslinger? All that whorehouse nonsense was just hysterical and kept up well with what was altogether a hilarious episode.

Needless to say I felt like this week was a HUGE bounceback for GoT.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Needless to say I felt like this week was a HUGE bounceback for GoT.
    Any reviews I read on the first 4 episodes said 1 & 2 were set up....things picked up in 3...and episode 4 was just WOW!

Dobber Sports Genius

I didnt read the whole thread so it may have been answered there but is Game of Thrones on Nextflix?
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    I didnt read the whole thread so it may have been answered there but is Game of Thrones on Nextflix?
    I don't think so. HBO and Netflix seem to have some form of rivalry going on. I doubt HBO would want any of their shows on any other form of social media.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    Nope but its on pirate bay in HD!