Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV Series NO SPOILERS)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Episode 305 is in the books. Only 5 episodes left in this season.

Tonight's episode was another good one. A lot of stuff happened. One of the first things that sticks out and I have to question is, what's up with Stannis' daughter? I didn't even know he had one until tonight and clearly something isn't right there. His wife seemed weird as well. I guess those were Stannis' dead sons in the tank thing? And why is she and his wife locked away in a tower?

Beric is all the more interesting after dying and coming back to life. Do they pray to the same fire god as Melisandre? The Hound still lives!

I loved the scene with Jamie in the bath tub when he was describing the events on the day he murdered the Mad King. Of course Ned would walk in that day and think of him as being a traitor and unhonorable, but I completely agree with Jamie and would have done the same. Great, great scene!

It'll be interesting to see if Robb's new plan can work out for him.

I enjoyed the convo between Barristan and Mourmont. Great scene.

The end was pretty cool as well. I can't see Tyrion going for that in the long run.
    Stannis' daughter, the poor thing, has greyscale:
    Greyscale is a disease that can leave flesh stiff and dead and the skin cracked and flaking, mottled black and grey and stone-like to the touch. The tongue and lips can turn to stone.[1] It generally affects children especially in cold damp climates. The victims are disfigured but could not be touched by the rarer mortal form of the affliction or the grey plague.
    Shireen survived it as a child, but it's left her disfigured a fair bit.

Yeah, Thoros of Myr prays to the lord of light, the red god, R'hllor.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by SixtyPercentOfTheTime View Post
    I hate Cersei so much it keeps me awake at night. Ok, maybe not that much but I hate her a lot.
    Cersei needs to pledge a sorority so someone can threaten to **** punt her.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by rangersfury View Post
    Cersei needs to pledge a sorority so someone can threaten to **** punt her.
    lololololololololol

Amazing...

Administrator

Is it just me or has it been two weeks without Theon? Such an improvement. I hate to keep harping on that but if I didn't then I'd just be joining in on the love-fest because these past two weeks have been fan-freakin-tastic!

Hands up if you'd do Brienne.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    *Raises his hand*

I would probably ask her to not speak, though.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    *Raises his hand*

Rylant
    Then she would tell you to "shove it, my Lord"

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Is it just me or has it been two weeks without Theon? Such an improvement. I hate to keep harping on that but if I didn't then I'd just be joining in on the love-fest because these past two weeks have been fan-freakin-tastic!
    It's only been one week haha...but still I agree with you. I wish they would have done his story really heavy in one or two episodes rather than putting a piece of it in three so far....

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    It's only been one week haha...but still I agree with you. I wish they would have done his story really heavy in one or two episodes rather than putting a piece of it in three so far....
    HAHA!!! Well it's been an enjoyable reprieve.

Administrator

*Raises his hand*

Rylant
    Right on! Grab your sword and shield, time to go slay some giants.

Dobber Sports Immortal

*Raises his hand*

Rylant
    Right on! Grab your sword and shield, time to go slay some giants.
    Slay that giant!!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Episode 306 is in the books. Can't believe there are only 4 episodes left....

I enjoyed this episode as well. It set up a lot of events including the march on the wall. Now that Snow and others are on the wall, what's next...

I'm more interested in Gendry after tonight. I wonder why he was wanted by Melisandre.

Theon is being toyed with. I'm still wondering who it is that have him caputred. Interesting story...

Jamie is being let free by Lord Bolton, but Brienne will have a different fate. Robb seems to have arranged to have the Freys back him now.

What does everyone think the big build up is here that will set up the end to season three? I doubt Dany makes it to Westeros now.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; May 5, 2013 at 11:11 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Padawan

Maybe my favorite episode yet, despite it being mostly banter. The scene with Varys and Littlefinger was perfect! Joffrey is so messed up. Roz isn't a real character in the books so it's great seeing the series bring in new compelling storylines. It's just one of the many things that keep those of us who know how it's all going to end entertained. I don't doubt HBO will nail the climax of this season.
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    I'm more interested in Gendry after tonight. I wonder why he was wanted by Melisandre.

Theon is being toyed with. I'm still wondering who it is that have him caputred. Interesting story...

Jamie is being let free by Lord Bolton, but Brienne will have a different fate. Robb seems to have arranged to have the Freys back him now.

What does everyone think the big build up is here that will set up the end to season three? I doubt Dany makes it to Westeros now.
    Melisandre did leave Stannis saying that he was too weak and she needed someone else with the true King's blood............and since we do know Gendry is Robert's bastard.....

While I'm enjoying the Theon story because it's one of my favorites in the book, I can see why some fans aren't too happy with how it's going. For starters, he was probably the most hated character aside from Joffrey after last season. As I've said before, I feel like they could have condensed it into some of the later episodes and maybe not have started it off in episode 2. The good news is that it is finally going somewhere and now the question of "who the heck is this guy" has finally been LITERALLY asked in the show.

I see this season to be much more like season 1 in that there isn't really one big event that half of the characters are building toward. Season 2 it was all about Stannis vs Kings Landing and the Blackwater battle, which culminated in episode 9. Season 1, awesome events just kind of popped up unexpectedly at the end. I mean you didn't expect Dany to bear 3 dragons, or Robb to be claimed KING IN THE NORTH!!!!!!!!, or what happened to Ned.

Administrator

I have a feeling Robb is headed for a fall. Just seems like he's grasping at his last straw here and leaving himself with no outs. That's usually when you go down.

Dobber Sports Star

I have a feeling Robb is headed for a fall. Just seems like he's grasping at his last straw here and leaving himself with no outs. That's usually when you go down.
    This is Game of Thrones; EVERYONE is headed for a fall; nobody is safe lol.

Rylant