Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV Series NO SPOILERS)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    How many people are now going to name their kid(s) after characters from the show/books? I think quite a few will.
    Its a significantly better option than some of the out-of-left-field names people come up with these days.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rangersfury View Post
    I don't know why but this reminded me of the Eddie Izzard "Cake or Death?" joke.
    Hey MD, do you have any interest in the Florida Panthers?

- Rape and death.

What about unicorns?

- Only if they can fart rainbows. Otherwise, rape and death.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    How many people are now going to name their kid(s) after characters from the show/books? I think quite a few will.
    One of my buddies named his daughter Aria. Not spelled the same, but he was a fan of the books. He tries to say that he liked the name before, but I know the truth.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rangersfury View Post
    I don't know why but this reminded me of the Eddie Izzard "Cake or Death?" joke.
    Cake or death?

Ugh... cake, please.

Very well, give him cake.

Oh thanks very much, it's very nice.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Absolutely not interested any more. Unless there's a chance he gets raped. I'd stick it out to see that but then death. Immediate death.
    +1 to this

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Absolutely not interested any more. Unless there's a chance he gets raped. I'd stick it out to see that but then death. Immediate death.
    I liked Theon before he turned on the Starks and like him again since he admitted he was wrong last episode. I think he was just confused during season two and wanted to impress his father as he stated last episode. His background and history is really interesting in general (the fact that Ned took him in).

I'm trying to picture the past. Did Ned abduct Theon? Did he take him in to send a message to Balon? I understand the Greyjoys were an enemy to Stark and the Rebellion, but I'm not sure why Ned took Theon at the time. It's not like he was treated unfairly from what we've seen in season 1. I'm not sure what Ned was trying to prove. It's odd that Balon wouldn't even try and retain his only living son.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; April 25, 2013 at 4:45 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    I liked Theon before he turned on the Starks and like him again since he admitted he was wrong last episode. I think he was just confused during season two and wanted to impress his father as he stated last episode. His background and history is really interesting in general (the fact that Ned took him in).

I'm trying to picture the past. Did Ned abduct Theon? Did he take him in to send a message to Balon? I understand the Greyjoys were an enemy to Stark and the Rebellion, but I'm not sure why Ned took Theon at the time. It's not like he was treated unfairly from what we've seen in season 1. I'm not sure what Ned was trying to prove. It's odd that Balon wouldn't even try and retain his only living son.
    Ned lead the attack on the Pyke during the rebellion. After crushing the Greyjoy forces, he took Theon as an insurance policy that Balon would not take up arms again. If he did it would have been at the cost of his remaining sons life. The other end of the deal is that Ned, being responsible for Theon, does not mistreat him. Thats my understanding of the history.
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by DonKarnage View Post
    Ned lead the attack on the Pyke during the rebellion. After crushing the Greyjoy forces, he took Theon as an insurance policy that Balon would not take up arms again. If he did it would have been at the cost of his remaining sons life. The other end of the deal is that Ned, being responsible for Theon, does not mistreat him. Thats my understanding of the history.
    It is correct and it makes it even more intriguing as to why Theon's father, Balon, was so negative toward Theon when he finally returned to the Iron Islands. Theon was a personal reminder that Balon failed in his rebellion against the North, and that he lost his two older sons in doing so.

Dobber Sports Stud

Episode 305 is in the books. Only 5 episodes left in this season.

Tonight's episode was another good one. A lot of stuff happened. One of the first things that sticks out and I have to question is, what's up with Stannis' daughter? I didn't even know he had one until tonight and clearly something isn't right there. His wife seemed weird as well. I guess those were Stannis' dead sons in the tank thing? And why is she and his wife locked away in a tower?

Beric is all the more interesting after dying and coming back to life. Do they pray to the same fire god as Melisandre? The Hound still lives!

I loved the scene with Jamie in the bath tub when he was describing the events on the day he murdered the Mad King. Of course Ned would walk in that day and think of him as being a traitor and unhonorable, but I completely agree with Jamie and would have done the same. Great, great scene!

It'll be interesting to see if Robb's new plan can work out for him.

I enjoyed the convo between Barristan and Mourmont. Great scene.

The end was pretty cool as well. I can't see Tyrion going for that in the long run.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Padawan

You know nothing Jon Snow...
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

Dobber Sports Immortal

What a creepy song to end the show. I really like how they are using one from the book.

Jaime's story is stealing the season for me much like it did in the book. He's been fantastic. And once again.... Tywin FTW

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Tonight's episode was another good one. A lot of stuff happened. One of the first things that sticks out and I have to question is, what's up with Stannis' daughter? I didn't even know he had one until tonight and clearly something isn't right there. His wife seemed weird as well. I guess those were Stannis' dead sons in the tank thing? And why is she and his wife locked away in a tower?

Beric is all the more interesting after dying and coming back to life. Do they pray to the same fire god as Melisandre? The Hound still lives!

I loved the scene with Jamie in the bath tub when he was describing the events on the day he murdered the Mad King. Of course Ned would walk in that day and think of him as being a traitor and unhonorable, but I completely agree with Jamie and would have done the same. Great, great scene!.
    Definitely some very good character moments in this one. No dragons breathing fire, but some scenes were just as good.

Stannis' family has been mentioned like once in the show....briefly last season by Melisandre. That's about it though.

Beric....awesome. Glad they kept his story in about dying multiple times.

The Jaime scene might be one of the best in the series so far.

Solid episode overall, great character and plot development moments. A let down from invading armies and dragon barbecues but the previous two episodes set a very high bar.

I too really enjoyed the Jamie scene. Great to see this guy have such a human moment. He's been such a spoiled prick for most of the series - he always knew he had the money, power and looks to fall back on no matter what anyone said about him. Now he's crippled and broken and needs the truth to come out since his honor is all he has left. Brilliantly done.

I still don't know what to make of Stannis' family. Creepy with a capital C. His daughter is such a sweet girl though, nice to see her keep the Onion Knight company since he got the shaft by Stannis.

Speaking of which, the red woman and the brotherhood both seem to pray to the same god. But the way she works it makes it seem more like revenge and dark arts and their's is more about justice. Not sure if its two sides of the same coin or if there's a key difference we haven't seen yet?

Tywin, awesome. Tyrion, classy dude. Cersei, to borrow from Metaldude, death. Immediate death. Just such a petty character determined to screw everyone over. That plus her constant smirk, completely unlikable. Early on she made it seem like she did the things she does to protect her family but more and more she's just doing things out of spite and self interest. I'm not opposed to seeing her strung up opposite of Theon.

Dobber Sports Star

Qyburn: You'll need Milk of the Poppy.
    Jaime: No Milk of the Poppy.
    Qyburn: There will be pain.
    Jaime: I'll scream.
    Qyburn: Quite a bit of pain.
    Jaime: I'll scream loudly.

God I love Jaime. Definitely one of my favourite characters in the books and I am really enjoying the way he is being portrayed in the show. I remember thinking for the longest time that he was evil, just like his sister Cercei, but started to think that maybe it isn't so black and white. This is the first time that you heard his account of what happened when he killed King Aerys Targaryn, the Mad King. Jaime's story isn't quite what I expected, and it presents the event in a very different light. Awesome stuff.

Rylant

I hate Cersei so much it keeps me awake at night. Ok, maybe not that much but I hate her a lot.

Great show!
    H2H Daily 12 Team League, 7 Keepers
    Start 3C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4D, 2G
    G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, PIM, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion

C- Tavares, Krejci, Trocheck
    LW- Hall, Lee, Guentzel (C), Lucic, Skinner, Marchessault (C)
    RW- Lindholm (C), Radulov, Nylander (C), Arvidsson,
    D- Weber, Provorov, Klingberg, Hamilton
    G- Bishop, Lehner, Mrazek

Farm: Zacha, Bjork