Thread: Lindback

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Lindback

Hi guys,

Just been offered Lindback in a trade. I have been reading from different source that he is good starter but TB defense is terrible. Is this guy a real starter? Have any of you seen him play? I cant make up my mind if he is a legit started so any advice is welcome.

Thanx,

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Tag View Post
    Hi guys,

Just been offered Lindback in a trade. I have been reading from different source that he is good starter but TB defense is terrible. Is this guy a real starter? Have any of you seen him play? I cant make up my mind if he is a legit started so any advice is welcome.

Thanx,
    There's a lot to this.

1. Tampa's defense is not horrible. They aren't clicking. they have a strong core of guys on their blue line. Hedman, Carle, Brewer, Salo, and their rookies/bottom 6 aren't that bad either. They haven't hit their stride. They were outstanding at the beginning of the season. They made Lindback's life very easy.It's just a simple new goalie, defensive breakdown, goalie isn't so great. It will eventually turn into, defense strengthens, so does Lindback.

Lindback is Tampa's starter. That isn't changing. He has no real competition with Garon likely going out the door very soon. Lindback is playing as he's expected to be playing, with the exception of a few bad games on his part. He isn't bad, he isn't great. He'll get better.

I'm a Tampa Bay fan myself, and I see too much potential in this kid. I mean, he was Rinne's apprentice basically. We all know Rinne.

Lindback is getting his feet in the water. Give him time.
    Message me about your keeper leagues if you need another player. I'd love to be in a keeper league next season.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

By the way, what's the trade?
    Message me about your keeper leagues if you need another player. I'd love to be in a keeper league next season.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thank you for your reply. Great info!

I have been offered Doughty, Lindback, B Schenn for Visnovsky, Ward and L. Eriksson. There are 2nd and 3rd pick coming my way and I give in exchange a 4 and 6 picks to him.

Points only keeper pool with no positions for forward. I give up Ward so thats why i wanted to get info on Lindback. I feel im giving up to much. I'm a right to think so?

Thanx again TampaBayManiac !

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I have been offered Doughty, Lindback, B Schenn for Visnovsky, Ward and L. Eriksson. There are 2nd and 3rd pick coming my way and I give in exchange a 4 and 6 picks to him.

Points only keeper pool with no positions for forward. I give up Ward so thats why i wanted to get info on Lindback. I feel im giving up to much. I'm a right to think so?

Oh I'm more than happy to help!

I'm honestly not sure, because i don't know what your roster situation is. In all honesty, I like Cam Ward out of that, I wouldn't do it. But you are getting Schenn and Doughty, which is nice. Lindback is potential fantasy gold, but Ward is definite fantasy gold. It's a tough one IMO.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Wouldn't do this in a keeper. Eriksson isn't having a great year this year, but he's a consistent 70-75 pt threat. Schenn is unproven and Doughty has been in a decline since his rookie campaign. Not to mention Ward > Lindback.

Dobber Sports Expert

In a points only keeper...I think I do that deal. Ward is defintely a massive upgrade on Lindback. I watched the game last night Vs Florida....he got the win, but he was not good at all. Ward is solid.

I like the other aspects of the deal. I feel the big win is that you've got a panicking Doughty owner who is bailing on his horrible start. Visnovsky may put up more pts in the short term, but he's old and Doughty will start putting some points up when the Kings remember how to score.

Then, you get Schenn, and the upgrade on picks? I'd maybe see if you can get the other owner to up the ante a bit more, then pull the trigger.,

Good luck!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanx everyone!