Thread: Big Trade his D.Sedin and M.Richards for my R.Nash and J.Benn (rep)

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Big Trade his D.Sedin and M.Richards for my R.Nash and J.Benn (rep)

What side do you take? Should I take the deal?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

Easily the Nash/Benn side for me. A few years ago I'd be all over Richards and Sedin, but Nash has landed in a great spot and Benn is doing great in Dallas, and is only going to get better. Richards is behind Kopitar and Sedin is getting older.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    What side do you take? Should I take the deal?
    I would keep what you have, Nash and Benn are considerably younger than the other two and will provide more points for you in the long run.

Don't get caught up in the "emotion" of landing one of the best Canucks on your squad. That kinda thinking doesn't win you championships.

Nash is starting to find his place in NY, it won't be long before he puts up monster numbers on a regular basis.

And Benn, well he's simply Jamie freaking Benn. Need I say more.

Sedin, as elite as he is and a Canuck to boot he isn't getting any younger.
    Richards has already seen his ice-time drop significantly so I would be cautious of that.

Keep what you have, you won't regret it.

Cheers
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Super Moderator

I definitely wouldn't do it. Benn and Nash side easily wins, imo. Richards isn't really fantasy relevant this year so it's almost a 2 for 1. But yeah, even if he heats up, no way are you getting a good deal. To be honest, not sure Sedin is the best player in this deal.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    I definitely wouldn't do it. Benn and Nash side easily wins, imo. Richards isn't really fantasy relevant this year so it's almost a 2 for 1. But yeah, even if he heats up, no way are you getting a good deal. To be honest, not sure Sedin is the best player in this deal.
    You're absolutely right, I think Benn would be the best player in this deal.
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yuck! Keep Nash and Benn it's not even close imo. Sedin is a fine player but Richards has practically no value in this trade. He's a 50 point player in LA.

Nash will give you 60 at the very least but I feel like he'll have better numbers in NY. I called 85-ish I think before the season (well, rated I suppose of course) and although it doesn't look like that will happen, somewhere around 40-43 is probable....pretty close to his normal pace with a small boost.

And Benn is a future PPG guy, possibly as early as this year. Keep your guys.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks guys I will stand pat, this was a counter offer. I sent him a trade offer of Plekanic and Nash for D.Sedin and Richards, and he came back wanting Benn.

My orginal thought was Nash wouldn't be a keeper for me this year unless he went on a tear so I could update my keepers by adding Sedin. You guys really think though that D.Sedin isn't the best player in the deal? I think he's got at least 3 years left of being elite and he's only two years removed from winning the art ross...
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Thanks guys I will stand pat, this was a counter offer. I sent him a trade offer of Plekanic and Nash for D.Sedin and Richards, and he came back wanting Benn.

My orginal thought was Nash wouldn't be a keeper for me this year unless he went on a tear so I could update my keepers by adding Sedin. You guys really think though that D.Sedin isn't the best player in the deal? I think he's got at least 3 years left of being elite and he's only two years removed from winning the art ross...

Benn is a better keeper than Sedin, Nash is a better 1 yr guy than Richards.

I'm a Nucks fan too but this is absolutely terrible for you. I'm not even a huge fan of your first offer.
    12 Team Keeper Yahoo! Points League

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G
    Bench: 6 + 2 IR

G(3), A(2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (2), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

W (5.5), L (-2.5), GA (-1), SA (0.2), SHO (5)

Weekly Roster

C: Giroux/Ott/Stastny
    LW: Steen/Hartnell/Prust
    RW: Lupul/Callahan/Simmonds
    D: Karlsson/Letang/Burns/Green/Bieksa/Beauchemin/Goligoski
    G: Quick/Ward/Bishop/Khudobin
    Bench: Martin/Hornqvist/Ray Whitney/Backlund

Dobber Sports Stud

1. D. Sedin
    2. Benn
    3. Nash
    4. M. Richards
    5. Plekanec

Sedin is probably the best player in the deal for this season, but to me Richards is cleary the worst player in the deal. When you combine both Nash and Benn you get much more fantasy value than you do with the combined efforts of Sedin and Richards. I would be hanging onto Benn and Nash.