Thread: Need advice: Bryz, Ward or Brodeur?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Need advice: Bryz, Ward or Brodeur?

I'm in a league where only wins (1 point) and shutouts (3 points) count. My goalies are stinking it up right now and I need help. I don't need a goalie who plays all the time since I can only play one goalie on any given night and have a max of 48 games played this year (I'm already at 14 with 2 games over).

Would you rather have Bryz, Ward or Brodeur for the rest of the year? Who would you drop from my lineup (see sig). I'm thinking of either dropping Purcell or Price for Brodeur. I doubt I'll need to play Purcell in favor of my other wingers, but I also don't need 3 goalies given my league settings. It might sound tough to drop Price, but I'm confident no one will pick him up and that I could always get him again, if needed, in the future. Thoughts?
    6 Team Yahoo Points-Only Keeper League
    G = 1 pt and A = 1pt, W = 1pt and SO = 3pts
    Keep 4 (any position)
    Start 3 C, 4 W, 4 D, 1 G (starters in bold)
    Bench 6
    C: Backstrom, Kopitar, Duchene, B. Richards
    W: Malkin, Seguin, St. Louis, Hossa, Gaborik, Semin, Parenteau
    D: Byfuglien, Yandle, Campbell, Burns, Wisniewski, Visnovsky
    G: Halak, Lundqvist

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Do not, DO NOT drop Price. Purcell will be your best bet. Someone will pick up Price, I promise you. Drop Purcell for Broduer. Done deal.
    Message me about your keeper leagues if you need another player. I'd love to be in a keeper league next season.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I wouldn't drop Purcell just yet. He's on the second line and even though TB has slowed down a bit, so has the whole league. The ridiculous pace that was set offensively in the first 5-7 games was never going to be sustained. I don't know who you should drop, but imo, pick up Bryz. And the reason is that eventually this wacky season is going to have to right itself. Philly is not a sub 500 team and Bryz has been their best player all year....ask anyone who watches the games. Montreal isn't that good a team and if you are just counting wins and SO's then imo Bryz will kill Price. Philly will turn it around and even though their offense is not as good as last year (Jagr gone, Hart and Simmonds injured) they are getting a bit healthier now with Briere back. This takes some pressure off G and balances the offense a bit more. Bryz will get you the wins and he'll probably toss in 2-3 SO's when all is said and done.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen