Is this guy for real ?
    Championships

Ottawa Sun regular season champion.
    Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by coldsquad2002 View Post
    Is this guy for real ?
    I'm asking is this team for real? They just swept Pittsburgh in a home and home weekend series. Who would of thought?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by coldsquad2002 View Post
    Is this guy for real ?
    Obviously he cannot sustain his current scoring pace. He's got 15 points in 12 games, 9 of which are goals so he's on pace for 103 points and 62 goals. Yeah right. However, he certainly will put up career numbers (prorated) and it helps that he's playing for his next contract. Cash in on his production this year but I would be weary of him long-term, based on his history.

A few interesting things of note: he's not playing a lot of minutes lately(around 15 a game) but is still producing. A lot of his goals are from standing in front of the net and feeding off rebounds. His percentage (around .18) is much higher than his career average. He will definitely slow down a lot but I can see him finishing the year with 22 goals and 18 assists, which prorated (68 points) is still pretty impressive for a guy whose previous career high is 46 points.

Oh and another thing, his PIM will be significantly less this year. He is a goal scorer now, not a scrapper. Look for around PIM/game at the end of the season.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ugh. I'm kicking myself for dropping him in my 1 year. I picked him up in the last round and I wanted to add a free agent so I dropped him because I was like "oh I'll be able to find someone else like him" but I didn't. The guy who picked him up has Kovy, Elias, Brodeur, Clarkson and Zajac.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    Ugh. I'm kicking myself for dropping him in my 1 year. I picked him up in the last round and I wanted to add a free agent so I dropped him because I was like "oh I'll be able to find someone else like him" but I didn't. The guy who picked him up has Kovy, Elias, Brodeur, Clarkson and Zajac.
    Believe me, nobody saw that kind of production coming. The most optimistic ones were hoping for another 30 goals season and maybe a few more assists. Those who kept him or bought before the season started are the fortunate ones.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Believe me, nobody saw that kind of production coming. The most optimistic ones were hoping for another 30 goals season and maybe a few more assists. Those who kept him or bought before the season started are the fortunate ones.
    Yea but I feel like I should have kept him just because I thought he'd be around the 30 goals (over 82) rate too and he would have added hits, PIM, blocks etc. Oh well. My team would have beaten most of the teams in my league this week anyway so I'm not too worried.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm pissed that even though I was high on him, I never pursued a deal to get him a couple summers ago. He was offered in a few deals, but I always felt the price was a little high (he was always the 2nd piece with a bigger name that jacked the price up).....now I'm kicking myself.

I think he's real in the sense he can score 25-30 goals a season. The pace he's on this year I don't think is sustainable....then again he's still getting pretty average minutes, and although his sh% is high at 18% it's not outrageous. Also, 50 shots in 12 games. I just can't picture him scoring 40 ever, but 30 is definitely realistic.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    I'm pissed that even though I was high on him, I never pursued a deal to get him a couple summers ago. He was offered in a few deals, but I always felt the price was a little high (he was always the 2nd piece with a bigger name that jacked the price up).....now I'm kicking myself.

I think he's real in the sense he can score 25-30 goals a season. The pace he's on this year I don't think is sustainable....then again he's still getting pretty average minutes, and although his sh% is high at 18% it's not outrageous. Also, 50 shots in 12 games. I just can't picture him scoring 40 ever, but 30 is definitely realistic.
    Yeah, I had him for 3 years before I traded him and now he does this. And I also turned down a deal he was offered to me before the season started that is an easy accept now. If I knew then what I know now. Ah well. se la vie.